NFC Championship: GB@SF

Manny/Patrick

Who will win?   

130 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• San Francisco 49ers
    • Green Bay Packers

49ers were one of the best teams in the NFL all year. Packers were decent but not great. We got beat by a clearly better team today, on their home field. Hard to get too upset. Congratulations to the NIners and all their fans on here.

Rooting for Jimmy G and San Fran in the Super Bowl. But I also like Mahomey...dammit! Should be a really good game.

EDIT - stupid double post.

Edited by DannyB
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, 3rivers said:

what if the SB turns into the epic in miami.2 and they decide on a tie for player safety after 3 overtimes?  Will both teams get the win?

i think that would mean the 3rd and 4th place teams would have to play for the title

Edited by Malfatron

2 minutes ago, 3rivers said:

what if the SB turns into the epic in miami.2 and they decide on a tie for player safety after 3 overtimes?  Will both teams get the win?

If they decide on a tie, then both teams would get...a tie.

As the established rules dictate, in the case of a Super Bowl tie, in lieu of the traditional Super Bowl rings for the winners, the Super Bowl tie-ers are awarded sweet puka shell necklaces.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, DannyB said:

If they decide on a tie, then both teams would get...a tie.

As the established rules dictate, in the case of a Super Bowl tie, in lieu of the traditional Super Bowl rings for the winners, the Super Bowl tie-ers are awarded sweet puka shell necklaces.

and the previous estimated cost allotted for the rings will be forwarded to goodell. I understand now, forget I asked:ph34r:

43 minutes ago, Cheesehawk said:

Don’t look into it too much brother. It’s mostly comprised of Vikings fans who definitely had the better team this year, Bears fans who were certain the division was theirs any they were actually gonna sweep it, and then emotionally midget Patriots fans who have been damaged by the years of Rodgers v. Brady comparison threads. 

Packers have ironically always been the hated team on this forum dating back to when i first joined in 2007

You've been in GDTs all year whining about the Patriots. And youre not supposed to talk about fanbases in general on here. But please keep going, your crying amuses me.

Edited by childofpudding

2 hours ago, childofpudding said:

You've been in GDTs all year whining about the Patriots. And youre not supposed to talk about fanbases in general on here. But please keep going, your crying amuses me.

Whining about the Patriots? My only thing with the Patriots all year long was that defense being overrated as hell due to playing one of the easiest schedules of all time. 

crying, gotcha. Exactly what i am doing

15 minutes ago, DirtyDez said:

What is Terry Bradshaw’s appeal as a TV personality?

at one time he was a highly decorated QB with the 4 SB's in 6 years.  That might have helped his resume along with being energetic and into the game. Maybe in recent years he has changed, I haven't watched enough of him over the years to draw comparisons.  On Fox pregame, they  used to take shots at each  other for humour which back in the mid 90's wasn't as common , and he was all ok with that.  It was a bit different lets say, but still decent. He's far from bland, dry and monotone, and he  knows the game.  Butkus was a great player, but was bland for commentary. 

I'm not sure what to make of the many TV personalities for football broadcasts and talk shows. Even the play by play and color  crews I seem to not like most, but as time goes on I get used to them. I found colinsworth really annoying for years, but in recent time I can appreciate some  of the insight he now offers, he does his homework that's for sure.  Some on our forum don't like Fouts, but I don't mind him as he will call out the refs and he was a great player. There could be a range of tolerance/acceptance and humour  for tv personalities and when it doesn't jive, there's always the mute button;)

• Like 3