Manny/Patrick

Who will win?   

130 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• San Francisco 49ers
    • Green Bay Packers

2 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

Ooof, this is pretty harsh:

Rodgers might not have been at his best, but his defence never helped that's for sure. Also consider how good the defence is that he played , they are a special group IMO. Probably one of the best defensive units in the last 10 years.

7 hours ago, 3rivers said:

KC won't let up, 49ers have to keep being aggressive.  I expect a great SB, too bad either team  will lose because they both are legit and usually aggressive. I think the 49ers need to get the run game going and get TD's not FG's, because FG's won't stand a chance vs the chiefs.

Has the potential to be one for the ages. I always enjoy the SB, but this is the most excited I've been about a matchup in some time. (It has Heavyweight title fight hype to it)

• Like 1

I usually like the GB Packers but after they ruined another Championship game for us neutrals, the NFL should be aiming to stop them from getting this far, not aiding them. 

An investigation should be made into how an average GB squad got a second seed and therefore a bye over a much superior team, based on a very weak schedule, ref errors and finally a flawed tiebreak. 

I know the Saints messed up bad in their playoff game. But the advantage of being a 13-3 team (when GB were 12-4 if not for the refs) is that you get the bye and get to avoid that wildcard Round mistake.  I think that the VIkings resting starters also helped there. If they had been in the wildcard round as the 2 seed and GB had to play as the 3 seed, I don't think we would have had GB playing yesterday. And though SF likely still would have won, we could have at least had some entertainment. 

3 hours ago, The Hitch said:

I usually like the GB Packers but after they ruined another Championship game for us neutrals, the NFL should be aiming to stop them from getting this far, not aiding them. 

An investigation should be made into how an average GB squad got a second seed and therefore a bye over a much superior team, based on a very weak schedule, ref errors and finally a flawed tiebreak. 

I know the Saints messed up bad in their playoff game. But the advantage of being a 13-3 team (when GB were 12-4 if not for the refs) is that you get the bye and get to avoid that wildcard Round mistake.  I think that the VIkings resting starters also helped there. If they had been in the wildcard round as the 2 seed and GB had to play as the 3 seed, I don't think we would have had GB playing yesterday. And though SF likely still would have won, we could have at least had some entertainment. 

a weak schedule for them and difficult schedule for others is a reason some higher seeds aren't really good. This isn't the first time it's happened, won't be the last.  I don't know how they could correct it, because they try with the scheduling but every team changes very year and then there are injuries. Fans might have to accept the fate theory. 

That game was a mismatch, but there have been others thru history. 49ers are a great team and that's what great teams do anyways regardless of who they play.   It's been a while since we have seen dominant teams. Perhaps the league will eventually adopt a new system where the seeds are made out to be different based on the actually strength of schedule of THAT season as it played out, and remove the idea of division 'champs' getting the right of way in the seeding. 

Also, if a head to head matchup occurred and what currently is the lower seed was the team that won (this year Seattle vs GB), then maybe switch those 2. This would make every game important rather than the overall record  and divisional record. They could try something like this for a few years and see what the feedback is like.  Computers and analytics can crunch the numbers and then the head to head matchups will solve the rest.  Making sure  the team has to have a winning record to get in is another issue that some fans have brought up, and I agree with that. While in the current system a team with a losing record might get a win , they aren't a legit threat unless they had multiple injuries that are suddenly healed and the team is finally at full strength.  

3 hours ago, The Hitch said:

While I was reading this my eyes rolled in the back of my head so far that they got stuck there. 

11 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

Ooof, this is pretty harsh:

I love this trend. Twitter in general was happy to put McCarthy on blast for years, and then he got fired. But now McCarthy has been out a year and he seemingly hired a good publicist, the public is all back on the McCarthy train. 

So now despite Rodgers having had an overall good year (not 2011-2014 good, but good), and the team went to the NFC Championship but fell short, now it's rolled into "Rodgers is a fraud, can't believe people ever said he was that great" territory. 

If McCarthy and Dallas miss the playoffs next year then they'll do a 180 back on McCarthy again and say "We all knew it'd end like this." and if Rodgers goes back and puts up 2014 numbers again then they'll act like they never trashed him. 

Sports commentators, especially of the online variety, are the worst. 

13 hours ago, DannyB said:

49ers were one of the best teams in the NFL all year. Packers were decent but not great. We got beat by a clearly better team today, on their home field. Hard to get too upset. Congratulations to the NIners and all their fans on here.

Rooting for Jimmy G and San Fran in the Super Bowl. But I also like Mahomey...dammit! Should be a really good game.

Those were my thoughts exactly when the Niners took the Vikings to the woodshed too.  A lot of us are having some fun today at the Packers' expense, but don't let it get you down.  It's all just in fun.  When all is said and done, you guys had a great season, considering you just changed head coaches last year.  One thing I will say is that the Packers are an ascending team.  I'm don't think I can say the same thing for my Vikings.  Good luck in the draft, and we'll see you next season and start this whole thing up all over again.  :D

14 hours ago, CWood21 said:

So you go 13-3 and make it to the NFC Championship and lose to the HIGHER ranked seed.  So clearly they must be frauds...sometime I wonder.

Gren Bay was not 13-3 good. They were more 10-6/9-7.