Conference Championship GDT - Packers at 49ers

J-ALL-DAY

18 hours ago, 757-NINER said:

I completely disagree about Shanny calling up another coach for advice. He definitely doesn't strike me as the type of personality that would be comfortable asking another coach for gameplanning ideas or help. Just don't see that happening. Shanny has been calling plays and gameplanning at a very high level, for a good amount of time. I don't think he needs any advice nor trusts anyone elses advice except for his dad. 

LaFluer's a different story. He's new to this so maybe he lends on a friend for stragedy and what not. But there are certain coaches....Reid, Belichick, Peyton and Shanny that I just think have done it all and seen it all to where coaches call them....not the other way around.

I was mostly making fun of Lafleur calling McVay. I think he shouldn't have to. If he comes up with a great game plan that beats us, how much of the credit should he give to McVay? My opinion is that he shouldn't call McVay at all. And an active coach, especially a division rival, should not accept the call. Kyle does get help from his dad. Belichik probably gives his buddy Saban a call every now and then, whether he actually needs it or not. Sometimes, having a sounding board simply helps you resolve problems you already know the solution to, but sometimes self doubt creeps in. Lafleur has a right to talk to other people who understand his reflection, but calling another active coach, a coach that has coached against Kyle, what, six times...  Should we call Mike Zimmer too? Will he give us the key to defending the Packers offense? I personally wouldn't. I believe in our team, in our players and our coaches. Let's do all of this in-house. That's actually how it's supposed to be done. One organization, its coaches and players, against another. Not one organization, with the help of other organizations, against another. If Lafleur wants to call an inactive coach, go for it. I'm sure Hue Jackson and Jason Garrett would love to spend an hour on the phone with him. Call Joe Gibbs and Jimmy Johnson and John Madden. Go ahead. But I don't think he should be calling McVay. On principle alone. Because honestly, I think we still beat them, even with McVay's help.

26 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Didn't say it did! Just telling you about the "fate" part Forge was referring to.

But yes, that game doesn't have anything to do with this season being the 100th year anniversary.

More importantly Prisco picked the Packers!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mike_Florio

"After becoming a partner with NBC, Florio began contributing to NBC Sports' television coverage, including Football Night in America.[8] However, he had a poor season picking winners by going 8 - 11 and incorrectly picking the 6th seed Vikings to beat the #1 seed 49ers.[9]"

1 minute ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Hopefully by 24+ tbh. Even a 17 point game is enough to keep one nervous…. 

what is there to be nervous about? we can't generate interior pressure. nobody on the roster is capable of defending kittle. rodgers is pretty washed. he's got one guy to throw it to. and GB has becoming accustom to laying a ******* egg almost every playoff game. it's gonna get out of hand quick and they're not gonna be able to recover. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, FinneasGage said:

what is there to be nervous about? we can't generate interior pressure. nobody on the roster is capable of defending kittle. rodgers is pretty washed. he's got one guy to throw it to. and GB has becoming accustom to laying a ******* egg almost every playoff game. it's gonna get out of hand quick and they're not gonna be able to recover. 

Nope, not going to work!!! Good try though! 

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, FinneasGage said:

ANY given Sunday! Did we not just watched a QB who threw for under 100 yards beat the MVP of the league and the hardest offense to defend in all of the NFL? The most talented team is not guaranteed victory...

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, 757-NINER said:

ANY given Sunday! Did we not just watched a QB who threw for under 100 yards beat the MVP of the league and the hardest offense to defend in all of the NFL? The most talented team is not guaranteed victory...

Beauty of the NFL right here.  I could pretty comfortably bet on who will be in the NBA finals each year, no chance of that in the NFL.  

• Like 1

On 1/13/2020 at 10:27 PM, N4L said:

packers fans think they can try to pull all these jedi mind tricks meme magic shinanigans but too bad for them because its not gonna work. The only shanahanigans going on this sunday will be happening in red and gold, thank you very much. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, N4L said:

That has nothing to do with destiny for this year though. 

100 year anniversary of the NFL =\= the 100 year anniversary of that game. That game was played in 1967 and has no bearing on fate/destiny this year. 

If anything, Jimmy playing a Superbowl against the team he tore his ACL against seems like destiny 

As the AFL/NFL merger occurred in 1970, not only is this the 100th year of the NFL, but it is the 50th Super Bowl of the modern era.