Conference Championship GDT - Packers at 49ers

J-ALL-DAY

Well, anyone ready for round two? I think a lot of Niners fans preferred GB over Seattle because we just can never get Wilson down, but GB is clearly the more talented team than Seattle. To me, this game is simple. How well our four man rush does against the Packers healthy OL, and how well we can protect Jimmy G. The Packers secondary isn't great and their LBs can be had in coverage, but if the Smith bros/Clark get loose, it will be a long day. 

Defensively we have to make GB one dimensional and take Jones out of the game. Adams is Rodgers go to guy, but we did a solid job on him last time around. Ironically enough, it was Spoon that was covering him the best and pretty much shutting him down. That won't be the case this game as Moseley will get the starting gig. IIRC, DJ Jones was really good last meeting and we won't have him this around. 

Jimmy played well to start the game agains Minny, but then had a bad turnover and didn't do much after that....Granted, we didn't need him to do much, but we need confident Jimmy and a clean game from him. Packers only real chance is to force a few turnovers and get some easy scores. Overall we are the better team but as you know, the better team doesn't always win. But I think we got this, something in the range of 27-17. 

• Like 4

I feel so much better knowing Seattle isn't coming to Levi's. The 49ers should win against the Packers. Don't know if it will be a beatdown like last time, but it shouldn't be so close that they have a chance to win it late in the 4th quarter. I'll be shocked if we lose this game. Feel pretty good about it. A lot better than I did when the 49ers faced the Packers in the 1990's. :) 

BTW, who didn't play last time? Alexander and Kwon were both hurt right? I can't remember. I know we obviously won't have the depth on the DL we'd like to have when we played them. No DJ Jones. 

Edited by PapaShogun

1 minute ago, PapaShogun said:

BTW, who didn't play last time? Alexander and Kwon were both hurt right? I can't remember. I know we obviously won't have the depth on the DL we'd like to have when we played them. No DJ Jones. 

Was just gonna ask the same thing. I’m guessing you meant Kwon and Ford. I looked at box score and didn’t see any other missing names that stood out.

Breida maybe? Think he was the only name I noticed. Who was out on the O line?  

And who was out for the Packers?

2 minutes ago, PapaShogun said:

I feel so much better knowing Seattle isn't coming to Levi's. The 49ers should win against the Packers. Don't know if it will be a beatdown like last time, but it shouldn't be so close that they have a chance to win it late in the 4th quarter. I'll be shocked if we lose this game. Feel pretty good about it. A lot better than I did when the 49ers faced the Packers in the 1990's. :) 

O.o, maybe I have lost my mind... maybe you ment Ford?  I do not remember when Dee got injured.  We still had Tart at this game and a healthier D-Line (depth at least)

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, PapaShogun said:

Staley didn't play. Dee Ford didn't play, I'm pretty sure. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, burlow said:

O.o, maybe I have lost my mind... maybe you ment Ford?  I do not remember when Dee got injured.  We still had Tart at this game and a healthier D-Line (depth at least)

Ford got hurt vs AZ, right before our tough three game stretch against .800 win teams. 

• Like 1

I preferred Seattle b/c they would've been broken beyond repair coming into Levi. Green Bay is dangerous b/c of Rodgers and he can beat anyone in a winner take all situation. 

I fear the Smith brothers getting to Jimmy when the Niners have the ball and I fear the Packers offense has their way this time with the Niners defense. 

5 minutes ago, Forge said:

It's too bad we put Jones on IR. I would have been interested to see how the ankle is coming along

Yeah, but Maiocco said the team anticipated a two month recovery. That's a pretty bad high ankle sprain and he must have had some other damage as well. 

In 2014, Seattle destroyed GB in week 1 and then almost lost the NFCCG. I don't anticipate Rodgers gifting us 7 points to start the game like last time out. Interested in seeing how GB defends us and if they use a lot of two man looks that helped Minny slow our passing game down. Granted, that then led to the run game going off, but have to take something away. 

8 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Yeah, but Maiocco said the team anticipated a two month recovery. That's a pretty bad high ankle sprain and he must have had some other damage as well. 

In 2014, Seattle destroyed GB in week 1 and then almost lost the NFCCG. I don't anticipate Rodgers gifting us 7 points to start the game like last time out. Interested in seeing how GB defends us and if they use a lot of two man looks that helped Minny slow our passing game down. Granted, that then led to the run game going off, but have to take something away. 

Are you saying that dj Jones isn't the physical freak and marvel that saquon is and couldn't return in four weeks? 😁