Conference Championship GDT - Packers at 49ers

J-ALL-DAY

11 hours ago, Forge said:

The funny thing is, I'm not sure how many of us actually live there or have lived there. 

I'm probably the only one. Good times. Bad times. Did feel nice living in a city that people actually give a **** about/plan vacations to though. 

Edited by PapaShogun

15 hours ago, Ataal said:

Went to go scope out the game day thread in the Packers' forum.  I feel obligated to warn anyone who is about to do the same.

You remember back in school when your teacher didn't show up and the class is waiting for the substitute to show up and everyone is doing whatever they want because there is no one there to keep it under control?  Yeah, it's kind of like that.  lol

Yes, the GDT has gone to the crapper over there.  lol

• Like 3

Well, my parents tell my I was there when I was too young to remember (and during the brief time I was an only child--I am the oldest of 6) SF. However, having grown up here in OK, I was told I had to like Dallas when I started paying attention to football. I don't like being told what to do, so I chose the team that was making the most noise at the time: it was the 80s, so of course it was our 9ers! Have been Faithful since about Middle School. So, that would be about 33 years and counting...

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, 757-NINER said:

Maaaaaan I'm nervous. I hope we don't blow this. The stars have aligned in our favor this year. Must take advantage this opportunity. I'm hopefully optimistic but a excruciating ball of nerves the closer gameday is upon us.

If you believe in fate, destiny, whatever, then it makes sense for the super bowl to be KC and GB, we may not have a say in the matter lol

14 minutes ago, Forge said:

If you believe in fate, destiny, whatever, then it makes sense for the super bowl to be KC and GB, we may not have a say in the matter lol

It is the most appealing aesthetic matchup - largely because of the color boredom that would occur between ourselves and Kansas City. If (in the unlikely case that) the Titans win, though...

Just now, J-ALL-DAY said:

The first AFL-NFL Super Bowl.

That has nothing to do with destiny for this year though. 

100 year anniversary of the NFL =\= the 100 year anniversary of that game. That game was played in 1967 and has no bearing on fate/destiny this year. 

If anything, Jimmy playing a Superbowl against the team he tore his ACL against seems like destiny 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, N4L said:

100 year anniversary of the NFL =\= the 100 year anniversary of that game. That game was played in 1967 and has no bearing on fate/destiny this year. 

If anything, Jimmy playing a Superbowl against the team he tore his ACL against seems like destiny 

And Dee Ford playing against the team/city that still blame him for last year's loss.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, N4L said:

Didn't say it did! Just telling you about the "fate" part Forge was referring to.

But yes, that game doesn't have anything to do with this season being the 100th year anniversary.

3 minutes ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

Keep on Florio.

More importantly Prisco picked the Packers!

• Like 2