Conference Championship GDT - Packers at 49ers

J-ALL-DAY

Matt LaFleur didn't hold practice in pads because "for us to be at our best, we need to be fresh for Sunday." He said it's just as important to be mentally sharp, noting they had the lowest total of mental errors all season last... https://es.pn/30quXlM

Interesting that coach Matt LaFleur opted against going in pads today. His team is healthy and he clearly wants to keep it that way. https://es.pn/3afTHSn

Edited by oldman9er

7 hours ago, Forge said:

Just thought it was funny because so many people play around with the Packers / refs angle. 

Love it.. and of course hate it! ... thoroughly believe it.. particularly when in GB; that place is creepy cult-like. 

Even in Santa Clara, I do suspect that the refs will do what they can to keep Aaron and Co. in the game, if possible. They'll keep it subtle enough, and probably won't give the game away. Just push it enough in their favor, if it could make a real difference, and give Aaron that moment to deliver. 

I know some fans refuse to believe in any of it.. ( and that's fine, I get it) and for various reasons.

1)they see it as being whiners and everyone hates whiners, win or lose.. cuz real men don't whine!

2)they themselves can't embrace the possibility that this precious sport they love can be (and often is) tainted with agenda. 

3)so long as they win, they dgaf, and don't need to justify it.

Hope the Niners can put this game away early and don't let up, so that it takes power away from the refs. Tall task, GB is no chump. I think we are the better team, but any given Sunday is right. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Forge said:

🤷‍♂️

Just thought it was funny because so many people play around with the Packers / refs angle. 

This thing has popped up multiple times.  Just for clarity, that chart is over the course of 9.7 seasons or 156 (maybe 155 depending on bye) games.  The Packers have 60 more first downs benefited to them on offense than the Dolphins (or roughly 1 every 2.5 games), and 55 less against them on defense than the Seahawks (1 every 3 games).  Those are the biggest gaps on here....not exactly season-breaking to get 1/3 of a first down every game (on each side of the ball) over the teams that have the worst numbers. 

I think you were posting it more as a joke so I may be going overboard here, but thought I'd point out that the chart is laid out to look way worse than it is.  Also doesn't count how many penalties were legit or not.  Some teams are just better coached yada yada yada. 

1 hour ago, Forge said:

I hate that Kittle is "likely to play". It really seems like he is definitely not close to 100% for this game. 

I agree, not ideal especially in the long term with "early retirement' being in the news lately along with the Gronk comparisons. 

I'm not even sure when the last time Kittle was healthy, probably before that thursday night game where his knee got jacked. The rib pads are a new thing also from the last few weeks so i wonder if theres anything going on there

12 hours ago, Forge said:

🤷‍♂️

Rodgers actively looks to put defenders in precarious positions when he scrambles. Earlier in the season he scrambled and he saw the defender coming and didn't commit to slide until the defender launched. upon contact he immediately rolled over, gestured towards the ref and got the flag. He has it mastered. I was annoyed a bit, but he found a way to exploit the rule. He is very good at looking for unnecessary contact.

1 hour ago, nayad said:

I agree, not ideal especially in the long term with "early retirement' being in the news lately along with the Gronk comparisons. 

I'm not even sure when the last time Kittle was healthy, probably before that thursday night game where his knee got jacked. The rib pads are a new thing also from the last few weeks so i wonder if theres anything going on there

He has worn them all season

• Like 1