Conference Championship GDT - Packers at 49ers

J-ALL-DAY

15 minutes ago, NinerNation21 said:

Yup. That was firmly in the dark age. I was too young to drink my sorrows away, but old enough to play emo and alt rock music to settle my teen angst and frustration. 

I was a giant nerd that spent all day making mock draft spreadsheets instead of class. 

2 hours ago, GoLDRuSh47 said:

Anxiously waiting the 8 hour drive tomorrow from San Diego. I rather be there a day early than risk not making it. Is anyone else going to the game?

Do you have any questions about logistics at Levi's? 

Looking back at when we played them they got a good amount of sacks on Jimmy G and I know Staley was out but it's a concern. The only thing I can see personal why's that might be different is seeing more Jeff Wilson. Brieda has struggled with fumbles seems like his confidence has been shot, wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't see any snaps. Packers are going to try to get the ball out of Arods hands quickly or moving Aarod out of the packet. Imo you stop Aaron Jones and Jamal Williams putting them 3rd and long's all game long. There going to try to get Adams involved some how jet sweeps whatever. I don't like posting predictions so I won't but I'm excited for this game. 

Edited by 49erurtaza

Okay, so apparently Wishnowsky doesn't kick it off short on kickoffs on purpose. He said 90% of the time it is not on purpose but he just doesn't hit the "sweet spot." Um, really? This dude sometimes boots it completely out of the end zone and other times can't even get it in the end zone? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, straighthate said:

I got one. I’ve always tailgated when I’ve gone but I wanna watch the AFC game beforehand. Is there a walking distance bar around there? All I can find is hotels bars. 

I am struggling with this one myself. My original plan was to get inside the stadium at 12 to watch it on the big screen, but I looked it up and they don't open the building until 1:40

There are no real bars around the stadium that you can walk to. Last week I went to this place called David's that is on the north side of the stadium to watch Tennessee beat Baltimore, but it was more of a banquet hall that had a few TV's and we had to get a table to sit down and order drinks. Not sure how crowded it will be, it seemed like they wanted you to buy tickets go the buffet earlier (buffet ended by the time our game ended), so I have no idea if that makes sense to do. 

Unfortunately, CBS has the early game and they don't have a free streaming service like the other big networks. They want you to buy cbs all access to watch on your phone. If it was any other network I would just watch on my phone on the way down. 

Your best bet may be to find someone who is tailgating with a TV. There are a lot of people that do tailgating with a TV and don't even go to the game lol blue lot 1 usually has some tents set up with TVs inside. 

I wish I could be more helpful but there really isn't anything to do around the stadium. One of the reasons the location selection was poor. I always suspected that the debartolo family bought a lot of surrounding real estate and then pushed for development to increase the value of their other holdings 

18 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Okay, so apparently Wishnowsky doesn't kick it off short on kickoffs on purpose. He said 90% of the time it is not on purpose but he just doesn't hit the "sweet spot." Um, really? This dude sometimes boots it completely out of the end zone and other times can't even get it in the end zone? 

Did he do kickoffs in college? I could see how it would be weird for him to kick off a tee if he didn't do it growing up 

19 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Well, I hope he can quickly improve in this. Was super annoying, what we saw of it last week. 

2 minutes ago, N4L said:

Did he do kickoffs in college? I could see how it would be weird for him to kick off a tee if he didn't do it growing up 

No clue. 

2 minutes ago, oldman9er said:

Well, I hope he can quickly improve in this. Was super annoying, what we saw of it last week. 

And this entire time we were blaming Hightower and the coaching staff LOL. 

2 hours ago, N4L said:

I am struggling with this one myself. My original plan was to get inside the stadium at 12 to watch it on the big screen, but I looked it up and they don't open the building until 1:40

There are no real bars around the stadium that you can walk to. Last week I went to this place called David's that is on the north side of the stadium to watch Tennessee beat Baltimore, but it was more of a banquet hall that had a few TV's and we had to get a table to sit down and order drinks. Not sure how crowded it will be, it seemed like they wanted you to buy tickets go the buffet earlier (buffet ended by the time our game ended), so I have no idea if that makes sense to do. 

Unfortunately, CBS has the early game and they don't have a free streaming service like the other big networks. They want you to buy cbs all access to watch on your phone. If it was any other network I would just watch on my phone on the way down. 

Your best bet may be to find someone who is tailgating with a TV. There are a lot of people that do tailgating with a TV and don't even go to the game lol blue lot 1 usually has some tents set up with TVs inside. 

I wish I could be more helpful but there really isn't anything to do around the stadium. One of the reasons the location selection was poor. I always suspected that the debartolo family bought a lot of surrounding real estate and then pushed for development to increase the value of their other holdings 

Yeah, I don’t get why they don’t open the gates earlier. Saw the same thing when I was looking. Feel like they could get some folks in the stadium early to watch that game and make some more money. 

• Like 3