Conference Championship GDT - Packers at 49ers

J-ALL-DAY

26 minutes ago, 49ersfan said:

Did my eyes deceive me, or did it seem like Solly had a decent day today? He had the TFL and it seemed like he was pretty active today. It would be big for us if he started to contribute more, even if he never lives up to the #3 overall pick

He was good last week as well. Getting more snaps in the interior helps. When Ford went out, it was more snaps at the end spot and obviously we know how that goes.

Also thought Day was good. 

5 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

He was good last week as well. Getting more snaps in the interior helps. When Ford went out, it was more snaps at the end spot and obviously we know how that goes.

Also thought Day was good. 

I'm going to be really curious to see what Day wants to do next season. I would imagine that we would like to have him back, and I'd have to imagine given how little he actually plays, he's not going to have some big time offers awaiting him in free agency. But his playing time here, with everyone healthy, simply isn't going to be great, particularly with the step forward that DJ Jones took this year. 

I feel like we would certainly want him back, but I don't know if that is in his best interest as a player and if he would want to be here to mostly ride the bench. 

1 minute ago, Forge said:

I'm going to be really curious to see what Day wants to do next season. I would imagine that we would like to have him back, and I'd have to imagine given how little he actually plays, he's not going to have some big time offers awaiting him in free agency. But his playing time here, with everyone healthy, simply isn't going to be great, particularly with the step forward that DJ Jones took this year. 

I feel like we would certainly want him back, but I don't know if that is in his best interest as a player and if he would want to be here to mostly ride the bench. 

I think he goes elsewhere knowing what you just stated is going to happen. Jones is going to get back and Day's time is going to decline heavily unless somehow Armstead isn't brought back...though I think that is unlikely at this point. At least for next season Armstead should be back.

What I'm more curious about is Blari. He may miss part of next season or at least most of camp, but does another team give him a decent deal or he returns on like a one year deal and then goes for a bigger deal? 

10 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

I think he goes elsewhere knowing what you just stated is going to happen. Jones is going to get back and Day's time is going to decline heavily unless somehow Armstead isn't brought back...though I think that is unlikely at this point. At least for next season Armstead should be back.

What I'm more curious about is Blari. He may miss part of next season or at least most of camp, but does another team give him a decent deal or he returns on like a one year deal and then goes for a bigger deal? 

I actually feel much better that Blair will be back than I did before he got hurt. Though I am hesitant to think that he plays at all next season. But with that injury, I think our chances of re-signing him went up a ton. He was easily going to price himself out as a rotational DE because someone was going to give him a decent contract. 

So I do think Blair will be back. We may give him a decent amount in the first year even if he doesn't play just to secure his services. Or give him slightly more guaranteed (like guarantee year 1 + year 2, with a lower salary on year 1 since he may not play. 

But I'm hoping that he and Moore will be back. Blair was huge this season and has been a very good rotation piece for years now. Moore kind of flashed and is a guy that could spell ford for sure. 

At worst though, I think you're right that we lock him up with a single year deal, and we hope that he will be good to play. 

9 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Re-watching the game, my goodness was K'waun Williams awesome in the first half. He had two or three great tackles where he gave the receiver no YAC and then obviously had the forced fumble. One of the best tackling corners I've ever seen. 

Quite frankly, particularly when Spoon is out of hte game, this is just flat out one of the best tackling teams I have ever seen. Period. 

I don't know what the stats would say in regards to that, and I don't really care. This team simply doesn't miss that many critical tackles, and in the open field, they are amazingly good at getting guys down. 

• Like 3

On 1/13/2020 at 11:31 PM, N4L said:
On 1/13/2020 at 11:23 PM, Forge said:

When all is said and done, will you hate Sherman more from his time with the Hawks, or love him more due to his time with us?

I just said I hope he becomes our DC, so I think its safe to say hes on my good side lol 

The past is the past. He is a 49er right now and we are playing in the nfccg in a few days. Last time the 49ers played in a nfccg sherman played a big factor in a win for his team. hopefully that happens again LOL

SHERMAN WITH THE GAME CLINCHING INT TO WIN THE NFCCG 

I officially and forever forgive him for 2013  

• Like 2