Conference Championship GDT - Packers at 49ers

J-ALL-DAY

No lingering issues with Sherman as a Hawk. I do roll my eyes though at the size of that chip on his shoulder in every interview I see. He's always so triggered by comments, and seems always in a self-defense stance that suggests deeply hidden insecurities. He's too old for that stuff. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, oldman9er said:

No lingering issues with Sherman as a Hawk. I do roll my eyes though at the size of that chip on his shoulder in every interview I see. He's always so triggered by comments, and seems always in a self-defense stance that suggests deeply hidden insecurities. He's too old for that stuff. 

I love it. When you're as dedicated as Sherman is to his craft and truly being one of the greatest to ever do it, you feel a bit slighted when ppl try to push you along like you're too old to be elite anymore. That chip on his shoulder is no different than the one that still drives Brady. Except Sherm is just more vocal and animated about it. He's lost a step but when you're as cerebral as he is, you can afford to and still be one of the best still. 

23 minutes ago, 757-NINER said:

I love it. When you're as dedicated as Sherman is to his craft and truly being one of the greatest to ever do it, you feel a bit slighted when ppl try to push you along like you're too old to be elite anymore. That chip on his shoulder is no different than the one that still drives Brady. Except Sherm is just more vocal and animated about it. He's lost a step but when you're as cerebral as he is, you can afford to and still be one of the best still. 

I don't disagree with anything you just typed here. I only disagree with the very cerebral Sherman 1)letting it get to him in the first place, and then 2)not resisting the urge to openly express it.

8 hours ago, Forge said:

When all is said and done, will you hate Sherman more from his time with the Hawks, or love him more due to his time with us?

Didn't even hate him when he was in Seattle to be honest. He's just been a baller since the day he's set foot on the field late in his rookie season. I remember barely winning a low scoring game and this rookie corner who was giving our receivers fits. And then boom, next season he completely takes off and becomes an All Pro.

8 hours ago, N4L said:

I just said I hope he becomes our DC, so I think its safe to say hes on my good side lol 

The past is the past. He is a 49er right now and we are playing in the nfccg in a few days. Last time the 49ers played in a nfccg sherman played a big factor in a win for his team. hopefully that happens again LOL

I don't see him being a DC. Sherman is more big picture than that. If he gets involved in football post playing career, I suspect it will be in the front office.

1 hour ago, 757-NINER said:

Yep, I can see why it annoys people but it clearly works for him. To be at the top of your position for as long as he's been, he has to use all he can to motivate himself. Keeps him working and doesn't allow him to get complacent. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

don't see him being a DC. Sherman is more big picture than that. If he gets involved in football post playing career, I suspect it will be in the front office.

Meh I think if he's not coaching he will be a community activist of some sort. Guy could do a lot of good in the world 

Oh, I hated Sherman big time while he was up in Seattle. Still am trying to get over it tbh. He could have been talking about me specifically in his last press conference. He helps get us to #6 that'll go along way though. Not that he needs my affirmation. He will probably use my hating him though, which, whatever he needs.

Edited by Ftn49
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Forge said:

@Cheesehawk

I know that this score sounds like an impressive blow out for you guys, but Rudy is Canadian. Once you adjust for exchange rate, this score is actually 19-2. Still a very convincing win for the Packers though

I died reading this. The funniest part to me is the exchange rate from 187 to 19 and then the exchange from 3 to 2.....lololololol

• Like 2

3 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Didn't even hate him when he was in Seattle to be honest. He's just been a baller since the day he's set foot on the field late in his rookie season. I remember barely winning a low scoring game and this rookie corner who was giving our receivers fits. And then boom, next season he completely takes off and becomes an All Pro.

I don't see him being a DC. Sherman is more big picture than that. If he gets involved in football post playing career, I suspect it will be in the front office.

Yep, I can see why it annoys people but it clearly works for him. To be at the top of your position for as long as he's been, he has to use all he can to motivate himself. Keeps him working and doesn't allow him to get complacent. 

I have never really had an issue with Sherman. I see why people do. He embraces being a bad guy, which I can appreciate. People want to see the bad guy fall. I disagree that he needs to have the chip to motivate him. Uber successful people don't use things like that to stay motivated imo. They are alpha 1% human beings that are better than everyone else at their specific craft. Jerry, Deion, Sherman all have the same attitude. Deion monetized his personality with his talent, Jerry is known to be one of the most insecure divas early in his career, but he applied it to the field. I think Sherman is generally smarter than most people in the room and he understands that he is an entertainer. He creates headlines in an effort to motivate others. There are a ton of false "chips" that he creates to drive those around him. He also seems to like a level of transparency and making people uncomfortable. 

I think Sherman kind of falls under the Marshawn category of player/entertainer. Genuinely smarter than most they speak too, but terribly misunderstood by most people in America because they see actions opposed to words and meaning. It's a lot of pomp with both of these guys because they know who they are dealing with and how the game works. They just turn their volume up to 10.

Either way, I appreciate watching the best and being entertained. When I buy tickets to a game, it's not because I want to go to the game, it's because I want to see something or somebody. They make me want to buy tickets.

34 minutes ago, N4L said:

Meh I think if he's not coaching he will be a community activist of some sort. Guy could do a lot of good in the world 

He said he wants to be in the front office or coaching in one interview. I could see him being the NFLPA President with a cool salary of $3m per year 

11 minutes ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

The stat @Forge posted before the Vikings game was insane. With Ford, this is legitimately an all time pass rush. Without him, just average and little difference from prior season. 

Just watching his get off, even if he doesn't get to the QB, he forces them to step up in the pocket which lets the interior DL eat. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, clarkfn2284 said:

I have never really had an issue with Sherman. I see why people do. He embraces being a bad guy, which I can appreciate. People want to see the bad guy fall. I disagree that he needs to have the chip to motivate him. Uber successful people don't use things like that to stay motivated imo. They are alpha 1% human beings that are better than everyone else at their specific craft. Jerry, Deion, Sherman all have the same attitude. Deion monetized his personality with his talent, Jerry is known to be one of the most insecure divas early in his career, but he applied it to the field. I think Sherman is generally smarter than most people in the room and he understands that he is an entertainer. He creates headlines in an effort to motivate others. There are a ton of false "chips" that he creates to drive those around him. He also seems to like a level of transparency and making people uncomfortable. 

I think Sherman kind of falls under the Marshawn category of player/entertainer. Genuinely smarter than most they speak too, but terribly misunderstood by most people in America because they see actions opposed to words and meaning. It's a lot of pomp with both of these guys because they know who they are dealing with and how the game works. They just turn their volume up to 10.

Either way, I appreciate watching the best and being entertained. When I buy tickets to a game, it's not because I want to go to the game, it's because I want to see something or somebody. They make me want to buy tickets.

Sherman himself admits he uses ANY motivation he  can get. This is why Pettis lied to him saying Kyle Allen told him he was going to go after Sherman all game and Sherman was like I don't know if it was true or not, but it really ticked him off lol.

Can Sunday hurry up already please???