Conference Championship GDT - Packers at 49ers

J-ALL-DAY

Just now, N4L said:

What show was this on? 

Inside the NFL on Showtime! Comes on every Tuesday's during football season. Actually will try to catch the episode that came on yesterday. Used to always have it on DVR back in the day but it's been a few years since I've watched it. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, N4L said:

especially when you consider where this was in the game. third down up 14 with 8 minutes left. huge huge play if that doesn't get called. 

There's two incredible aspects to this, really : 

1) Kyle knowing that the play, as designed, as executed against that particular defense, would force the player to hold or give up a big play;

2) Kyle having the intelligence to put the referee into a corner and force him to have a look at it, and then even the slightest hint of hold would have to be called.

Simply brilliant, on so many levels. Two years ago, we had that video of Jimmy on the sideline telling Trent Taylor to do a certain move if the defender plays a certain way. Now we have this. There's just so much awareness and intelligence on this team that we don't even see or hear of. I appreciate these little behind the scenes things. I appreciate analysts like Baldinger and Chris Simms who really dig into the plays to explain the brilliance of it all. Feels good to be on this side of the battle of wits. You older fans had the Walsh years. I didn't. The Kyle Shanahan years are amazing for that. A far cry from the Singletary years.

• Like 2