Conference Championship GDT - Packers at 49ers

J-ALL-DAY

On 1/13/2020 at 12:57 AM, N4L said:

you'll be able to see mitchwish in action! lol

We have one elite corner. They have one elite WR. If we dont have our one elite corner follow their one elite WR I am going to be livid. Sherm taking adams 1v1 will let us attack the LOS and get after rodgers/shut down their run game. hes all they have. None of their other weapons will be able to do much against us. Jimmy Graham is super slow and warner will have no issues covering him. Rodgers doesnt trust the other WRs.

It would be a nice wrinkle for us considering their entire gameplan will be for a defense where the corners dont travel. Its a small, simple change that shouldnt be a huge deal for us as a defense, but could pose big problems to their gameplan. 

If we let them put adams onto mosely all game long and never make any adjustment, then I am going to create a twitter and @ sherman and tell him hes not an elite corner because he doesnt follow the other teams elite wr LOL

Putting Richard Sherman on Davante Adams would absolutely be the thing to do.  It would be the ultimate dilemma for Rodgers because he only wants to throw passes to Adams, while at the same time being terrified of throwing at Sherman for fear of hurting his INT numbers.  If you put Sherman on Adams, it would practically guarantee you guys a win because I don't see the Packers being able to beat you with just their running game and the rest of their scrub receivers. 

Edited by Uncle Buck

3 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Sherman himself admits he uses ANY motivation he  can get. This is why Pettis lied to him saying Kyle Allen told him he was going to go after Sherman all game and Sherman was like I don't know if it was true or not, but it really ticked him off lol.

Can Sunday hurry up already please???

Yeah I know he says that, but I just don't believe it is what motivates him in any way. It's more a show to me than anything. Mostly in an effort to galvanize the team against said "chip"

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Uncle Buck said:

Putting Richard Sherman on Davante Adams would absolutely be the thing to do.  It would be the ultimate dilemna for Rodgers because he only wants to throw passes to Adams but he is terrified of throwing at Sherman for fear of hurting his INT numbers.  If you put Sherman on Adams, it would practically guarantee you guys a win because I don't see the Packers being able to beat you with just their running game and the rest of their scrub receivers. 

It will not ever happen this way. Sherman does not travel. End of story. It's a well known fact at this point.

Just now, clarkfn2284 said:

Yeah I know he says that, but I just don't believe it is what motivates him in any way. It's more a show to me than anything. Mostly in an effort to galvanize the team against said "chip"

Meh, I don't buy that. Obviously he is great regardless, but great athletes do use any type of extra motivation they can get. Michael Jordan was notoriously known to be making stuff up to get him going. I don't really see why Sherman would be lying here. No one is saying he is only great because of people doubting him, but doesn't mean that isn't part of why he has been so great for so long. 

1 minute ago, clarkfn2284 said:

It will not ever happen this way. Sherman does not travel. End of story. It's a well known fact at this point.

That's what I thought, but it's what I would do if I were the 49ers DC.  Another thing you can and should do would be to simply make sure Adams is always double-teamed.  This would go a long way towards keeping him from being a factor as well.

4 minutes ago, Uncle Buck said:

Putting Richard Sherman on Davante Adams would absolutely be the thing to do.  It would be the ultimate dilemna for Rodgers because he only wants to throw passes to Adams but he is terrified of throwing at Sherman for fear of hurting his INT numbers.  If you put Sherman on Adams, it would practically guarantee you guys a win because I don't see the Packers being able to beat you with just their running game and the rest of their scrub receivers. 

Honestly, that won't happen. And it's because of how we play our coverages and zones. If anything, Saleh can have the safeties cheat to the other side knowing Rodgers is unlikely to go at Sherman. 

Just now, J-ALL-DAY said:

Meh, I don't buy that. Obviously he is great regardless, but great athletes do use any type of extra motivation they can get. Michael Jordan was notoriously known to be making stuff up to get him going. I don't really see why Sherman would be lying here. No one is saying he is only great because of people doubting him, but doesn't mean that isn't part of why he has been so great for so long. 

Not saying he is lying, but I think a lot of the stuff he does is for show. He knows he is one of the best ever. He also knows people know that. In general great people or elite people don't need to create a false narrative to "get up." I just listen to him in the locker room and it is a different person than in front of the media. Dude is savy, for sure.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Uncle Buck said:

That's what I thought, but it's what I would do if I were the 49ers DC.  Another thing you can and should do would be to simply make sure Adams is always double-teamed.  This would go a long way towards keeping him from being a factor as well.

Why change what has worked all season? We already know that Rodgers wont throw to Sherman's side. This allows the Niners to double the other side if needed. K'Waun Williams was the best slot corner in the game this season, so he can handle the slot alone and they have some pretty elite Safetys over the top. Adams alone isn't going to break this game.

2 minutes ago, clarkfn2284 said:

Why change what has worked all season? We already know that Rodgers wont throw to Sherman's side. This allows the Niners to double the other side if needed. K'Waun Williams was the best slot corner in the game this season, so he can handle the slot alone and they have some pretty elite Safetys over the top. Adams alone isn't going to break this game.

The only ones who will break the game for you will be Adams or the Packers running game.  Stop both of them and they won't have enough to keep up with you guys. 

23 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

The stat @Forge posted before the Vikings game was insane. With Ford, this is legitimately an all time pass rush. Without him, just average and little difference from prior season. 

Just watching his get off, even if he doesn't get to the QB, he forces them to step up in the pocket which lets the interior DL eat. 

12 minutes ago, Uncle Buck said:

The only ones who will break the game for you will be Adams or the Packers running game.  Stop both of them and they won't have enough to keep up with you guys. 

They have done it all year. There is no need to change what they have been doing. That is the point here. Adams alone will not beat this team because this team doesn't get beat by 1 player. All three losses came on the last play of the game. All they have to do is continue the gameplan and they will run away with it.

5 minutes ago, clarkfn2284 said:

They have done it all year. There is no need to change what they have been doing. That is the point here. Adams alone will not beat this team because this team doesn't get beat by 1 player. All three losses came on the last play of the game. All they have to do is continue the gameplan and they will run away with it.

Julio actually did beat us by himself lol.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Cheesehawk said:

Bulaga was out last night with an illness, but he will be back and ready to go against SF. Important to note that he got knocked out of the regular season match-up on the 1st drive. He is a key to our O success and has been our best lineman this season. Rodgers was lookin better than he has the majority of the season last night. You are right about all of this though. We probably shouldnt even show up tbh. The only thing youre wrong about is the final score.

Niners win 49-16

It is a good thing we signed Jared Veldheer a few weeks ago.  When he came in to relieve Bulaga I didn't notice much of a drop off.