Conference Championship GDT - Packers at 49ers

J-ALL-DAY

7 hours ago, oldman9er said:

No lingering issues with Sherman as a Hawk. I do roll my eyes though at the size of that chip on his shoulder in every interview I see. He's always so triggered by comments, and seems always in a self-defense stance that suggests deeply hidden insecurities. He's too old for that stuff. 

Is he really triggered and defensive, or is he faking it to intimidate opponents? Like, "Oh no, we better stay away from Sherman, he's pissed off".

52 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Meh, I don't buy that. Obviously he is great regardless, but great athletes do use any type of extra motivation they can get. Michael Jordan was notoriously known to be making stuff up to get him going. I don't really see why Sherman would be lying here. No one is saying he is only great because of people doubting him, but doesn't mean that isn't part of why he has been so great for so long. 

If it works for Michael Jordan and The Waterboy, it can work for Richard Sherman.

GAAAAATORAAADE!!!

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, rudyZ said:

Is he really triggered and defensive, or is he faking it to intimidate opponents? Like, "Oh no, we better stay away from Sherman, he's pissed off".

He looks genuinely triggered at times. Otherwise, this approach just seems silly to me, and I'd chuckle over the butthurt exuded. 

1 hour ago, clarkfn2284 said:

It will not ever happen this way. Sherman does not travel. End of story. It's a well known fact at this point.

He actually did last year against gb last year in the 4th  quarter fwiw. Well, just one drive, I think. They won't do it for a full game though

• Like 1

1 hour ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Sherman himself admits he uses ANY motivation he  can get. This is why Pettis lied to him saying Kyle Allen told him he was going to go after Sherman all game and Sherman was like I don't know if it was true or not, but it really ticked him off lol.

Can Sunday hurry up already please???

I knew Pettis contributed somehow this year, just couldn’t remember how. 

• Like 6

Thought this displayed pretty accurately the Packers' defensive problems from the first game. It doesn't mention the Pettine - Shanahan backstory, which I think is an interesting nugget. 

https://www.sfgate.com/49ers/article/Kyle-Shanahan-Mike-Pettine-video-history-Packers-14974476.php does a quick round up. Man, just another nail on taking Johnny Football over Derek Carr and Jimmy G for the Browns. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, JIllg said:

Thought this displayed pretty accurately the Packers' defensive problems from the first game. It doesn't mention the Pettine - Shanahan backstory, which I think is an interesting nugget. 

https://www.sfgate.com/49ers/article/Kyle-Shanahan-Mike-Pettine-video-history-Packers-14974476.php does a quick round up. Man, just another nail on taking Johnny Football over Derek Carr and Jimmy G for the Browns. 

The look on Shanny’s face..... I bet he’s a horrible person to have work for you. So arrogant. Like a little royal snob who always thinks I knows better than you. 

Crazy thing is usually he does. I love it. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, straighthate said:

The look on Shanny’s face..... I bet he’s a horrible person to have work for you. So arrogant. Like a little royal snob who always thinks I knows better than you. 

9 hours ago, straighthate said:

Best part is he keeps those receipts and he's ready to cash them in.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, rudyZ said:

Yes, consult with one of only two teams in the NFL to lose to us twice this year. To prepare to lose to us twice this year.

McVay had a really good game plan the second time around. Of course, our defense was reeling at that time and had guys playing that shouldn't have been playing. But I don't think that is a bad thing for LaFleur to do. Why? We stymied Goff in the first meeting similar to what we did to Rodgers. 

I'm expecting Rodgers to try to get to the edges early and often. The ends need to be very disciplined....talk to you Mr. Bosa! 

• Like 3