Conference Championship GDT - Packers at 49ers

J-ALL-DAY

39 minutes ago, Forge said:

The funny thing is, I'm not sure how many of us actually live there or have lived there. 

I live in Toronto (amazing city btw) but have visited SF twice in my life, i have family near Berkeley/San Jose. I love those areas + Cupertino, did a hike on Half Moon Bay, etc. Beautiful weather, scenery, the vibe was amazing. I actually looked for work in the area because i was a few years younger and not as tied down, but being a Canadian and not as accomplished/experienced then, obviously didn't get anything (mor eof a pipe dream).

I walked from Pier 39 or whatever its called to the Painted Ladies (from Full House), took me about an hour but it was a great way to explore the city, like my own walking tour. Other parts of the city i found were just ok. 

1 hour ago, Forge said:

The funny thing is, I'm not sure how many of us actually live there or have lived there. 

I live in PA and have never been to San Francisco (yet), but I've been a die-hard Niners fan since I was in middle school in the late 90's. The "Faithful Then, Faithful Now" motto really applies to me.

Edited by NinerNation21

1 hour ago, Forge said:

I've never lived there, but when I lived in Reno, Nevada in the 90s, I took a lot of trips to San Francisco.  Only like a 4 hour drive, depending on the time of day.  Fisherman's Wharf, Ripley's Believe it or Not Museum, Hard Rock Cafe, etc.. stand out as fond memories.

No way could I afford to live there and while it was a cool place to visit, I can't imagine even wanting to live there.    

Went to go scope out the game day thread in the Packers' forum.  I feel obligated to warn anyone who is about to do the same.

You remember back in school when your teacher didn't show up and the class is waiting for the substitute to show up and everyone is doing whatever they want because there is no one there to keep it under control?  Yeah, it's kind of like that.  lol

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Forge said:

I live about an hour and a half from The City. We go often. We love the place, but over the last few years it has become progressively worse with the homelessness and congestion. When the SF Giants built their new stadium they cleaned up the Embarcadero and the Mission areas considerably. The Embarcadero used to be riddled with drugs and crime, now it is the sight seeing mecca in the city, along with the bridges/Alcatraz/Golden Gate Park/Coit Tower etc. 

Still an incredible city and always will be and has one of the best skylines in the world. Unfortunately, the new Salesforce Tower is there and looks awful.