Conference Championship GDT - Packers at 49ers

J-ALL-DAY

I know the Seahawks defense wasn't great, but this was the best I've seen Rodgers look all season. He was sharp and made some clutch throws at the end. Still heavily dependent on Adams, but that's one hell of a weapon. Still think the key is to stop Jones first, but Adams will be a big factor. 

• Like 1

Just now, J-ALL-DAY said:

So @Forge how are you going to talk yourself out of predicting a SF win and become very nervous of the match up like last week? :D

I thought Minnesota would have given us more of a game tbh.

Was really surprised when we ran over them for the TD.

6 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

So @Forge how are you going to talk yourself out of predicting a SF win and become very nervous of the match up like last week? :D

I was actually more concerned about Minnesota than I was either of seattle or green bay. 

I got really nervous the days leading up to the game, and then was fine and comfortable the hours leading into it (I said as much to Gopher when he asked) and I had picked the 49ers beforehand. I think it's nerves throughout the week and then hearing about Ford was not at all helpful. 

Even if you discount the optics of the first matchup with Green Bay (which is actually very hard to do), I just think it's a bad matchup with them. There are certainly things that will be different. I think the Packers don't come in with anything resembling the same game plan, I doubt that we get a turnover on the first possession inside the 10 yard line, Bulaga probably won't get hurt again allowing Bosa to steal the back up tackles lunch money again, and of course we have no DJ Jones, who really crushed that first game. But we have Kwon, we have Ford, and we have Staley, all of whom were missing. We are still at home. I think it's just a crap matchup for the Packers, tbh. 

Now, if we win this one and play the Chiefs in the super bowl? Yeah, I'm already on record stating that I'm not picking us in that one. 

5 minutes ago, DTMW78 said:

It's possible...

Titans look good though, can KC stop Henry? 

If Jimmy plays well and we get to A rod I could see a blowout.

Titans are too one dimensional right now though. I mean Tannehill has passed for less than 100 yards in each of the first two games. They are seriously relying on Henry hardcore. When that isn't as effective as it needs to be, can he right the ship? Because he was a great feel good story this year (especially with Miami paying most of the salary lol), but what he was doing was wholly unsustainable as well. 

5 minutes ago, Forge said:

Titans are too one dimensional right now though. I mean Tannehill has passed for less than 100 yards in each of the first two games. They are seriously relying on Henry hardcore. When that isn't as effective as it needs to be, can he right the ship? Because he was a great feel good story this year (especially with Miami paying most of the salary lol), but what he was doing was wholly unsustainable as well. 

The way Henry has been running I don't think KC will be able to stop him, he looks like a freight train out there.

Time of possession is the key for a Titans win imo.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, DTMW78 said:

The way Henry has been running I don't think KC will be able to stop him, he looks like a freight train out there.

Time of possession is the key for a Titans win imo.

Yeah, they are going to have to own the clock because Mahomes and that offense are locked in. Very scary looking today. 

7 minutes ago, Forge said:

I was actually more concerned about Minnesota than I was either of seattle or green bay. 

I got really nervous the days leading up to the game, and then was fine and comfortable the hours leading into it (I said as much to Gopher when he asked) and I had picked the 49ers beforehand. I think it's nerves throughout the week and then hearing about Ford was not at all helpful. 

Even if you discount the optics of the first matchup with Green Bay (which is actually very hard to do), I just think it's a bad matchup with them. There are certainly things that will be different. I think the Packers don't come in with anything resembling the same game plan, I doubt that we get a turnover on the first possession inside the 10 yard line, Bulaga probably won't get hurt again allowing Bosa to steal the back up tackles lunch money again, and of course we have no DJ Jones, who really crushed that first game. But we have Kwon, we have Ford, and we have Staley, all of whom were missing. We are still at home. I think it's just a crap matchup for the Packers, tbh. 

Now, if we win this one and play the Chiefs in the super bowl? Yeah, I'm already on record stating that I'm not picking us in that one. 

One thing that made me confident heading into the Minnesota game was seeing just the average time to throw Cousins had during the regular season. Then we all know the stats with Ford/Bosa on the field together so I knew the Vikings weren't going to implement the quick game and that would go in our favor....Also knew our speedy backers would take away Cook in the screen game. But yeah, it was actually hard to predict how effective Ford was going to be. He pretty much looked like his usual self though.

Rodgers is actually 6th on the list from average time to throw. But the Packers do have a quick pass game element to their offense if they need to use it. We will just have to continue taking away the big play and keep everything in front of us.

I think GB's shot will be if Jimmy is loose with the ball or we the receivers/backs fumble. If we play a clean game, the game should be ours, fairly solid.