.Buzz

Adam Zimmer & Andre Patterson Named Co-Defensive Coordinators (pg.5)

13 minutes ago, Heimdallr said:

I also want someone experienced that Zim will trust to run the defense so he can focus more on the bigger picture.

If that hasn’t happened by now, it’s not going to. 

Although, I’d take Marvin Lewis as the DC in a heartbeat. 

Edited by SemperFeist

4 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

If that hasn’t happened by now, it’s not going to. 

Although, I’d take Marvin Lewis as the DC in a heartbeat. 

Love that idea.

I’m indifferent to Edwards. Good for him if he can land a DC job elsewhere. Was never impressed with Edwards but we know Zimmer was in charge of that side of the ball. Marvin Lewis would be a nice hire if he wants to get back into coaching.

Edited by vikingsrule

There were no issues on defense, but they fired their DC? Sounds like there were issues. And yes, not renewing his desk is the same thing.

3 minutes ago, PrplChilPill said:

There were no issues on defense, but they fired their DC? Sounds like there were issues. And yes, not renewing his desk is the same thing.

Not if Edwards decided to go somewhere else for a better opportunity.  We don't know what discussions entailed.  

Edited by swede700

3 minutes ago, PrplChilPill said:

It could just be an opportunity to bring in different voice.  It may or may not mean something.

11 minutes ago, PrplChilPill said:

Edwards didn’t get fired. He chose not to return. That in no way is the same thing. 

So the offensive coach was off interviewing for other jobs prior to the playoff game and the defensive coach really didn’t want to be there, no wonder we lost.

11 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

Edwards didn’t get fired. He chose not to return. That in no way is the same thing. 

I thought the team decided not to renew his deal.

If it was his decision, good for him. So, I guess I'll wait for more clarification....

9 minutes ago, vikingsrule said:

So the offensive coach was off interviewing for other jobs prior to the playoff game and the defensive coach really didn’t want to be there, no wonder we lost.

Ya, that's not good at all. Really disappointed in the OC not having more focus on his current job......OTOH, I get it. But you have to finish your current job.

25 minutes ago, vikingsrule said:

Was never impressed with Edwards.

I guess I honestly have no idea to what to be impressed with, or not impressed with when it comes to a DC that didn’t do any play calling.

1 minute ago, PrplChilPill said:

I thought the team decided not to renew his deal.

If it was his decision, good for him. So, I guess I'll wait for more clarification....

NO!  You can't do that!  Ye must engage in endless speculation lol!

Just now, PrplChilPill said:

Ya, that's not good at all. Really disappointed in the OC not having more focus on his current job......OTOH, I get it. But you have to finish your current job.

I wish coaches had to wait like the players do for the new league year to begin before looking for a new job. 

Should be an easy choice in my opinion, just promote Andre Patterson. He has done an exceptional job. I'd actually prefer that way more than going out and getting some other "defensive mastermind" 

If Mike Zimmer isn’t going to give up calling the defense, is there really any point to hiring or promoting someone to DC?