Playoff football and the missing sideline camera angle

ThatJaxxenGuy

Hey folks. I was talking to my friends while watching football today, and we noticed on many close calls in the games we didn’t get that classic from the sideline directly out to the field view we get on many replays where they can zoom in and go slo-mo which is commonly used to give fans a view of close touchdowns and first downs (that NBsee-it or whatever it’s called on prime time camera)

We noticed this specifically in the Deshaun Watson bobbling and dropping the ball as he ran into the end zone, as well as the Jimmy Graham first down to clinch the game for the Packers. It seems weird that this view we see all season long on close plays suddenly disappeared in playoff games. 

I was wondering if anyone else noticed that and would like to get a discussion going about it. I noticed the announcers didn’t really comment on it or just quickly moved past those plays, while I feel like they were closer than the views we were given allowed for us to see (I feel like there should have been a shot of the Jimmy Graham play from the far side of the play from the broadcast view, and I don’t recall seeing it).

Pretty interesting because to me it felt like the broadcast wanted us to quickly glance over close calls and just trust what we were being told rather than getting a chance to evaluate it with our own eyes using the reliable viewpoints we got in the regular season. 

Thoughts ?

Edited by ThatJaxxenGuy