What makes Mass Effect the most accessible sci fi universe?

It seems like most of the people I know who enjoy something in space other than Star Wars and Guardians of the Galaxy only have experienced Mass Effect. They have never heard of masterpieces like BSG and B5. 

What makes Mass Effect the most accessible sci fi universe?

Babylon 5 is better written and the Mass Effect devs took much inspiration from Babylon 5.

Older pieces of sci-fi on low exposure channels that have significant time investments.

Compared to one of if not the only great Sci-fi video game series in the past 2 decades pushed by one the big three video game developers. 

On 1/20/2020 at 3:04 PM, Outpost31 said:

I think he’s an EA plant.  

Captain John, your company sucks.  You ruined Mass Effect.  Report back that nobody likes EA.

It's amazing how Mass Effect went from a fantastic trilogy, where they were also discussing an MMO game and a potential movie, to a series on life-support after one game.  It wasn't just Andromeda though.  EA was destroying title after title with their demands, and they bottomed out later that year with Battlefront II.  

I've played the entire trilogy 2-3 times since I played Andromeda (and only played it once.)  I've also read the novels with the backstory to the separation of the Nexus and the story behind the Quarian ark multiple times as opposed to the game once.  I just wasn't impressed with the story compared to the rest of the universe, not to mention all of the other issues surrounding the game at launch.  

One can only hope that the success of Jedi: Fallen Order as a single player game can help revive Mass Effect and other single-player games in the EA umbrella like Dead Space.  

• Like 1