2020 Stupidity Virus Outbreak

Pastor Dillon

On 1/20/2020 at 12:33 PM, Pastor Dillon said:

Here’s some information. Taylor Lewan signed the largest tackle deal in the NFL at 5 years 80 million with 50 million guaranteed. That seems to be the price range Tunsil should be in, though his team knows we have little leverage. 

We’ve talked about Tunsils extension hitting into our cap space but look at the cap hit of all 5 years for Lewan:

11 - 13 - 18 - 14 - 15

those are not bank breaking numbers. I’m fact, it basically wouldn’t cost us a thing next year as his 5th year option is already on the books at 10 million. 

We would still have around 55 million in cap space. Watson’s deal will sting, but we can easily clear the 25 million hit he’s gonna be from releases and restructures. So we can still have plenty of money to spend this off season. There’s no reason we can’t sign two impactful free agents. Perhaps a guard and a CB or an edge rusher. 

Isn't that also cause Lewan's deal is very long? I can only hope Tunsil will sign a 5+ year deal, but it does seem like he wants to stay and I couldn't see why you wouldn't want to play on a playoff-worthy team.

28 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

A few things on this:

- I've never heard of Texans Storm Report, no clue as to the validity of his information. I've yet to hear it anywhere else.

- This seems to be a standard operating practice for the Texans, give a DB a season and the then let them walk. We saw Tyrann Mathieu stop by for a cup of coffee, and now Roby is looking to do the same. I could see the Texans giving a similar one year deal to Xavier Rhodes this off-season, with the hopes that Gaeron Conley and Vernon Hargreaves III could develop into your 1/2 CBs with a full off-season. Both Conley and Hargreaves flashed in their roles, without a full off-season to absorb the system; If both can pick up the system and play to their talent level, you could be looking at a very young and promising CB tandem.

I'm not very optimistic of this, to be very honest - but you never know with a change of scenery.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ET80 said:

A few things on this:

- I've never heard of Texans Storm Report, no clue as to the validity of his information. I've yet to hear it anywhere else.

- This seems to be a standard operating practice for the Texans, give a DB a season and the then let them walk. We saw Tyrann Mathieu stop by for a cup of coffee, and now Roby is looking to do the same. I could see the Texans giving a similar one year deal to Xavier Rhodes this off-season, with the hopes that Gaeron Conley and Vernon Hargreaves III could develop into your 1/2 CBs with a full off-season. Both Conley and Hargreaves flashed in their roles, without a full off-season to absorb the system; If both can pick up the system and play to their talent level, you could be looking at a very young and promising CB tandem.

I'm not very optimistic of this, to be very honest - but you never know with a change of scenery.

We could get a real CB for the cost of Hargreaves. He’s gonna get cut. 

I think BOB is content to go with Johnson and Conley as our CBs next year. I bet we give a small deal to a Nickle and probably draft a guy

Cal McNair on O'Brien being named GM and Easterby EVP of football operations: "This is the way we've been operating for the last 8 months. They led us to a 10-win season, another division title and into the divisional round. Our goal is to win championships."

if my mood were a circle graph,

95% empty void blackness
3% F the pats for the cesario fiasco last year and doodoo on cesario as well, good riddance
2% extremely tempered optimism that bc we did bring in some good free agents

but mostly just black void of emotion

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Pastor Dillon said:

Bill O’Brian: Failing Upward. 

He's essentially the intern from a bank during the financial crisis back in the late 00s. At first, he rose through the ranks because he was cheap and nobody else was there to do the job. Now, he's getting to the head of the company because everyone is too freaked out to make any changes to what hasn't broken. Horrible, horrible way to move forward - at this rate, BoB will take the Astros GM vacancy in two weeks, Darryl Morey's job in about six weeks. 

At this point, the only way to save this village is to burn it down (which won't happen until Deshaun Watson regresses). I do know I am not going to a single game or buying another Texans related item until BoB is no longer associated with the franchise; They could be selling playoff tickets for $5, I'm still not going to buy one.

18 hours ago, ET80 said:

He's essentially the intern from a bank during the financial crisis back in the late 00s. At first, he rose through the ranks because he was cheap and nobody else was there to do the job. Now, he's getting to the head of the company because everyone is too freaked out to make any changes to what hasn't broken. Horrible, horrible way to move forward - at this rate, BoB will take the Astros GM vacancy in two weeks, Darryl Morey's job in about six weeks. 

At this point, the only way to save this village is to burn it down (which won't happen until Deshaun Watson regresses). I do know I am not going to a single game or buying another Texans related item until BoB is no longer associated with the franchise; They could be selling playoff tickets for $5, I'm still not going to buy one.

On a bright note. The Texans could be the dumpster fire that is the Houston Rockets. 

We are going like 4-12 next year, I can already feel it, BoB got by this season on trading trade picks away and fluking, the issue is that we are losing some good players this FA, we don't have Olsen to help with contracts, and Easterby is TRASH. Someone on this forum said it reminds them of 2000s chargers, well god damn it I wished that was never our team.