Sign in to follow this  
Pastor Dillon

2020 Outlook

On 2/20/2020 at 8:20 PM, Pastor Dillon said:

Reader is a run stopper and not a pass rusher. We need to invest in pass rush. I’m not worried about losing reader assuming we take that money and make an impact signing to our pass defense. 

Run stopping was great last year, I can stomach keeping Reader and picking someone like Griffen up to help with the pass rush for this year and maybe next until we get a first rounder again.

On 2/20/2020 at 3:20 PM, Pastor Dillon said:

Reader is a run stopper and not a pass rusher. We need to invest in pass rush. I’m not worried about losing reader assuming we take that money and make an impact signing to our pass defense. 

But he should be a NT, and get a new DE. He was the only good player on our line other than Watt. Maybe Omenihu takes a step forward in pass rush but he isn't going to be a good run stopper.

I was hoping to keep Reader at NT and draft James Lynch from Baylor for DE.

On 2/21/2020 at 9:09 PM, mse326 said:

But he should be a NT, and get a new DE. He was the only good player on our line other than Watt. Maybe Omenihu takes a step forward in pass rush but he isn't going to be a good run stopper.

I was hoping to keep Reader at NT and draft James Lynch from Baylor for DE.

They are talking big numbers potentially for reader. I’d rather invest that money in a CB 

Just got announced, BoB no longer OC, that is all on Tim Kelly now. I don't know how much I can hold BoB to his word but thats big news.

Chances that BoB has taken a shine to the GM role and is potentially making a move to that position permanently? Do GM roles pay more than HC roles or are they about the same?

25 minutes ago, tab said:

BoB wasnt OC last year either iirc

He wasn't OC, but he called the plays on offense.

This is HUGE news. I’ve actually not minded BOB the GM but BOB the OC has been a disaster. Hopefully without calling plays he can grow in his clock management and stuff like that. 

might as well accept that he’s around for a long time.