2020 Stupidity Virus Outbreak

Pastor Dillon

11 hours ago, jch1911 said:

What I would like to see from the rest of free agency (realistic + optimistic) 

NT Dontari Poe (1 year, $4M)

Edge Aaron Lynch (2 years, $6M)

ILB / ST Joe Walker (2 years, $3M)

CB Xavier Rhodes (1 year, $5M)

S Jordan Lucas (4 years, $6M)

We’ve already signed 5 guys in the secondary: Roby, Hargreaves, Gaines, Murray, and Watkins. Add them to the 5 guys we already had and I’ll be shocked if we sign anyone else. I suspect we use a draft pick in there. We insist on having guys like Watkin, Gaines and Crossen who are basically full time special teamers but they take up spots in the secondary. 

5 minutes ago, Pastor Dillon said:

We’ve already signed 5 guys in the secondary: Roby, Hargreaves, Gaines, Murray, and Watkins. Add them to the 5 guys we already had and I’ll be shocked if we sign anyone else. I suspect we use a draft pick in there. We insist on having guys like Watkin, Gaines and Crossen who are basically full time special teamers but they take up spots in the secondary. 

I think Watkins can go with little to no cap hit (I prefer Lucas who at least has physical profile & potential to become a starter).... Murray (right now) looks like a huge overpay.

But fair points, PD.....

Just now, jch1911 said:

I think Watkins can go with little to no cap hit (I prefer Lucas who at least has physical profile & potential to become a starter).... Murray (right now) looks like a huge overpay.

But fair points, PD.....

I agree totally with you on Watkins and Murray but the fact that we just signed them means we aren’t gonna move on from them in time to sign other guys. 

12 hours ago, jch1911 said:

What I would like to see from the rest of free agency (realistic + optimistic) 

NT Dontari Poe (1 year, $4M)

Edge Aaron Lynch (2 years, $6M)

ILB / ST Joe Walker (2 years, $3M)

CB Xavier Rhodes (1 year, $5M)

S Jordan Lucas (4 years, $6M)

I’m shocked that they have done no work in shoring up the front 7. They lost Reader, and late last season they couldn’t generate any pressure. It’s silly to think that they would just assume Watt is going to stay healthy in 2020 and everything is going to be fine. Part of the reason they were so atrocious at stopping the pass last season was because of the lack of pressure. They still have money to spend, so it would be nice to see them sign some people up front. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Drained said:

I can't help but be mad about the fact we didn't pick up the Cardinals first round draft pick. We could have picked Jerry Jeudy with that pick. 

I'd prefer CeeDee Lamb, who was very Hopkins-esque... But, that's not happening (unless BoB trades both seconds and a 3rd to move up, thereby completing a Hopkins/2nd/3rd/4th for DJ, a 1st and 4th...)

9 hours ago, Marco79 said:

I’m shocked that they have done no work in shoring up the front 7. They lost Reader, and late last season they couldn’t generate any pressure. It’s silly to think that they would just assume Watt is going to stay healthy in 2020 and everything is going to be fine. Part of the reason they were so atrocious at stopping the pass last season was because of the lack of pressure. They still have money to spend, so it would be nice to see them sign some people up front. 

I think our front 7 will be decent. I really liked what we saw from Omenihu. We have Dunn and Blackson as well as Watt. I don’t think losing reader was a game changer. 

1 hour ago, Pastor Dillon said:

I think our front 7 will be decent. I really liked what we saw from Omenihu. We have Dunn and Blackson as well as Watt. I don’t think losing reader was a game changer. 

Fair... I still think we need a defensive Hog Molly at NT other than Dunn and Watkins.... that being said, there are a few FAs sitting out there:

Poe

Suh

Snacks Harrison

Marcell Dareus

• Like 1

NFL Network's Jane Slater reports the Cowboys "are closing in on a deal" with free agent DT Dontari Poe.

The former No. 11 overall pick of the 2012 draft has started 118 games for the Chiefs, Falcons and Panthers over the past eight seasons. Poe typically played a near every-down role prior to joining Carolina; it's unclear if his role in previous seasons is more indicative of his current skill or the scheme. At the very least, Poe remains a proven option in the interior that can be relied on against the pass and run alike.

bBBOOOOOO

Question of the day, why haven’t we reached a deal with Tunsil? We have the money. Get him a record breaking deal that sees a large cap hit this year and then declines the next 3 or 4. 

I understand waiting on Watson. We’ve got 2 more years of him under contract and 2 more we could franchise him. Also we need Mahomes to set the marker so we don’t over pay. 

1 hour ago, Pastor Dillon said:

Question of the day, why haven’t we reached a deal with Tunsil? We have the money. Get him a record breaking deal that sees a large cap hit this year and then declines the next 3 or 4. 

I understand waiting on Watson. We’ve got 2 more years of him under contract and 2 more we could franchise him. Also we need Mahomes to set the marker so we don’t over pay. 

Probably because BOB has that money earmarked to overpay some more JAGs in free agency. I wish I was kidding.

• Like 1