2020 Stupidity Virus Outbreak

Pastor Dillon

Cant lie to you i have low expectations for next year and I kind of hope we tank in the division but then again I don't cause I don't want players that could hit FA or have pending contracts to want to leave cause we had a bad year

uggggh

I love this team to death and I hate that

48 minutes ago, Pastor Dillon said:

Clint Capela at 5/90 was a GREAT deal for the rockets. 

I personally think if it was so great, we'd probably not be trading him...

And you're ignoring that Ryan Anderson deal, which was horrible. We couldn't give that guy away. 

You're both ultimately missing my point; The Rockets have underachieved, just like the Texans. The talent is there, the strategy and coaching is not.

One last thing... After some thought:

On 2/3/2020 at 8:47 PM, Texansfan713 said:

the 2017-18 rockets might go down as one of the best teams to NOT win a title.

Seriously?

- 80s Rockets (Olaijuwon, Sampson)

- 90s Jazz (Stockton, Malone)

- 90s Knicks (Ewing, Starks, Oakley)

- 90s Sonics (Kemp, Payton)

- 90s GSW (Hardaway, Mullins)

- 90s Suns (Barkley, Johnson)

- 90s Pacers (Miller, Smits)

- 00s Suns (Nash, Stoudamire)

- 00s Thunder (Durant, Westbrook, Harden)

That's just off the top of my head, too. That 17-18 Rockets team might not even be in the conversation.

you don't realize how good the 17-18 rockets team was.   they played elite defense (credit jeff bzdelik) while having an elite offense with harden winning MVP.   i would take that team over every team you named.   not to mention they had an insane record when harden, paul and capela all played together.

Edited by Texansfan713

1 hour ago, Texansfan713 said:

you don't realize how good the 17-18 rockets team was

No, I was there. It was a good team.

The 90s Knicks would have obliterated it down low. The 80s Rockets would have obliterated it down low. Nash and Stoudamire would have beaten them at their own game. Reggie Miller would have beaten them at their own game.

This was back when zone defense wasn't allowed, so you give these teams that? Yeah, they crush this Rockets team (only team that played by current rules was that OKC team, and I'm pretty certain that squad would have beaten that Rockets team).

I sincerely wonder if you were around to appreciate those teams. Those teams just happened to play in an era where Michael Jordan wasn't going to be denied. 

PFF ranked Tunsil #1 in Wins Against replacement Player. I think he’s gonna be the unanimous best tackle in football last year. His grade was a little messed up because he allowed 2 sacks week 1 after getting in Houston days earlier and both of them were communication related. So are the false starts. Without those two things he would have been number 1 this year.  

our line could be dominate next year if Scharping and Howard make a jump. We will find a new RG and Martin probably had his best year at C, though he needs to get quicker on the snap. 

even with the wonky play calling and horrendous time management. If we got solid line play and 14 games of Will Fuller, Watson will win MVP and we are gonna repeat as AFC South champs. 

im not buying the titans as a threat. Yeah they pulled off two great upsets in the playoffs but they were a 9-7 team who probably miss the playoffs if we had something to play for in week 17. 

On 2/5/2020 at 7:26 AM, ET80 said:

One last thing... After some thought:

Seriously?

- 80s Rockets (Olaijuwon, Sampson)

- 90s Jazz (Stockton, Malone)

- 90s Knicks (Ewing, Starks, Oakley)

- 90s Sonics (Kemp, Payton)

- 90s GSW (Hardaway, Mullins)

- 90s Suns (Barkley, Johnson)

- 90s Pacers (Miller, Smits)

- 00s Suns (Nash, Stoudamire)

- 00s Thunder (Durant, Westbrook, Harden)

That's just off the top of my head, too. That 17-18 Rockets team might not even be in the conversation.

Yeah the 17-18 rockets were way better than almost everyone of those teams. 

unless your argument is that the 17-18 warriors are NOT one of the best of all time. Because the healthy 17-18 rockets were better than them. 

42 minutes ago, Pastor Dillon said:

Yeah the 17-18 rockets were way better than almost everyone of those teams. 

I'm sincerely under the impression neither of you saw these teams play.

43 minutes ago, Pastor Dillon said:

unless your argument is that the 17-18 warriors are NOT one of the best of all time.  

Those Jordan/Pippen teams in the 90s were better than the 17-18 Warriors, and the 80s Lakers/Celtics teams were better than the 17-18 Warriors. All those teams I listed ran into these two buzzsaws at some point.

45 minutes ago, Pastor Dillon said:

Because the healthy 17-18 rockets were better than them. 

I doubt that. I know for CERTAIN that the 17-18 Rockets were not better when it mattered. The '19 Texans had better talent and a better record than the '19 Titans, but who was a better team when it mattered?

It was the Titans.

One last point:

On 2/5/2020 at 7:19 AM, ET80 said:

You're both ultimately missing my point; The Rockets have underachieved, just like the Texans. The talent is there, the strategy and coaching is not.

Quick reminder of what I'm actually trying to say. I have yet to see either of you make a functional argument on how Mike D'Antoni isn't a mirror image of Bill O'Brien in basketball terms.

10 minutes ago, tab said:

So do you think we keep Lamar or Hyde? I would try to keep Hyde if we can get a good deal but I'd rather draft an RB. My gut says the Texan Way would be to resign Lamar AND Hyde because we like our guys 

This makes a ton of sense, keeping both. Lamar will be kept on because he's a hard worker and a good teammate. He might do absolutely nothing on the field, but that worker/teammate combo is guaranteed to get you signed.

1 hour ago, Pastor Dillon said:

Josh Norman anyone?

He was pretty bad for the Redskins, right? Like, Jonathan Joseph bad... right?

I'd still want him, but wouldn't expect much from him. As long as he wasn't making a ton of money here, I'd consider him.

I'm honestly waiting for Xavier Rhodes to get cut from Minnesota, which is apparently a foregone conclusion. I think he's got some in the tank for a season or two at CB, and could transition to S for another two years.

1 hour ago, ET80 said:

He was pretty bad for the Redskins, right? Like, Jonathan Joseph bad... right?

I'd still want him, but wouldn't expect much from him. As long as he wasn't making a ton of money here, I'd consider him.

I'm honestly waiting for Xavier Rhodes to get cut from Minnesota, which is apparently a foregone conclusion. I think he's got some in the tank for a season or two at CB, and could transition to S for another two years.

If they are cut now, can we sign them before free agency?