2020 Stupidity Virus Outbreak

Pastor Dillon

On 2/13/2020 at 9:04 PM, Texansfan713 said:

Depends on what Hyde wants.  I personally would let Lamar walk.  Hyde is decent enough and we still have Duke Johnson back.  No need to bring back both Lamar and Hyde.

Hyde was offered a contract, he said no, that's cool imo, he had a big year and wants a big payday, I loved watching him this year and I think he was enjoyable to watch but a decline in production is probably imminent. We still got Duke we just need a good between the tackles guy.

1 hour ago, ET80 said:

He was pretty bad for the Redskins, right? Like, Jonathan Joseph bad... right?

I'd still want him, but wouldn't expect much from him. As long as he wasn't making a ton of money here, I'd consider him.

I'm honestly waiting for Xavier Rhodes to get cut from Minnesota, which is apparently a foregone conclusion. I think he's got some in the tank for a season or two at CB, and could transition to S for another two years.

Josh Norman nah... Xavier Rhodes most definitely, our secondary was really bad this year but they did the best they could with a bunch of rejects that we traded for in desperation, we made Vernon Hargeaves look decent lol and Gareon Conley had a bit of a revival in his career with us. With actual good CB's or just ones who are weathered and know what they're doing like Rhodes, we could be very much improved, maybe we could have a replacement for Lonnie and let him sit back for a bit, had enough of seeing him get burnt on routes. 

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/02/14/texans-release-vernon-hargreaves/

Just released Vernon Hargeaves, can be honest, I expected it, 9.5 million for him was definitely not worth it at all he was a bandaid for our injuries.

But that also means that we are most definitely targeting cornerbacks this free agency which is exciting, I can't imagine BoB wants to draft CB's considering they take a long time to develop and hes in win-now mode.

Then again, we could just resign Hargeaves but give him the possibility of a cheaper contract. I doubt he'll be a first teamer with any other team

Edited by Drained
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Drained said:

Then again, we could just resign Hargeaves but give him the possibility of a cheaper contract. I doubt he'll be a first teamer with any other team

I think this is the plan. This being said, no clue what William O'Brien is thinking as far as guys he'll be targeting or moves he's going to make.

Hargreaves has value as a slot CB. Maybe a boundary guy against certain WRs. He's certainly not worth $9.5mm, but he's got value.

12 hours ago, HoboRocket said:

Hey, we extended Brandon Dunn. Not sure what the contract details are yet.

1 hour ago, Pastor Dillon said:

3/12 million 

I wonder if this means we're not going to pursue DJ Reader (which would be incredibly stupid). 

9/10 I wouldn't even consider such a dumb outcome, but with BoB...

6 minutes ago, Pastor Dillon said:

Everything I read says we are gonna let Reader walk and use resources other places. 

Part of me is a little relieved - because I could see BoB praising Reader for being a hard worker and good teammate and then rewarding that by making him the highest paid defensive player in football.

This is something BoB would do. So... I'm glad that he's not doing that specifically? I guess so.