2020 Stupidity Virus Outbreak

Pastor Dillon

On 2/20/2020 at 8:20 PM, Pastor Dillon said:

Reader is a run stopper and not a pass rusher. We need to invest in pass rush. I’m not worried about losing reader assuming we take that money and make an impact signing to our pass defense. 

Run stopping was great last year, I can stomach keeping Reader and picking someone like Griffen up to help with the pass rush for this year and maybe next until we get a first rounder again.

On 2/20/2020 at 3:20 PM, Pastor Dillon said:

Reader is a run stopper and not a pass rusher. We need to invest in pass rush. I’m not worried about losing reader assuming we take that money and make an impact signing to our pass defense. 

But he should be a NT, and get a new DE. He was the only good player on our line other than Watt. Maybe Omenihu takes a step forward in pass rush but he isn't going to be a good run stopper.

I was hoping to keep Reader at NT and draft James Lynch from Baylor for DE.

On 2/21/2020 at 9:09 PM, mse326 said:

But he should be a NT, and get a new DE. He was the only good player on our line other than Watt. Maybe Omenihu takes a step forward in pass rush but he isn't going to be a good run stopper.

I was hoping to keep Reader at NT and draft James Lynch from Baylor for DE.

They are talking big numbers potentially for reader. I’d rather invest that money in a CB 

https://www.profootballrumors.com/2020/03/free-agency-notes-clowney-seahawks-texans-jets-harris-broncos-cowboys-raiders-lions-collins-saints-bell-hooper

Chris Harris is an interesting possibility and Clowney reuniting with Vrabel would be interesting for all the wrong reasons - but the line that holds my interest in this article is Royce Freeman on his way out in Denver. I'd absolutely love to kick the tires on a guy like Freeman, who maintains a similar profile to Hyde. 

If Denver would take a 2021 late round pick for Royce, I'd jump on that. Two years of team control - and say what you will about BoB, he always finds a run game, no matter who the RB is. Freeman would be pretty productive as the bellcow in our offense.

On ‎2‎/‎25‎/‎2020 at 6:46 PM, Pastor Dillon said:

This is HUGE news. I’ve actually not minded BOB the GM but BOB the OC has been a disaster. Hopefully without calling plays he can grow in his clock management and stuff like that. 

might as well accept that he’s around for a long time. 

if he isn't gone when we miss the playoffs this coming season then im seriously done.

31 minutes ago, Pastor Dillon said:

Bouye was traded for a 4th to the broncos. So Harris is gonna be free to leave. Wish we had gotten Bouye. He’s the one that got away. 

Prefer Harris to Bouye, Bouye has been declining a little, Harris is undoubtedly a great corner