2020 Stupidity Virus Outbreak

Pastor Dillon

36 minutes ago, Pastor Dillon said:

I’ve decided to return to my optimistic ways. I plan on writing a big post about why we are going to be better next year than we were last year. I’ll wait until after BOB changes my mind on draft night.  

Oh, this I gotta see...

Start off with how Matt Stafford and Brett Favre became better QBs after Calvin Johnson and Sterling Sharpe retired. That's a good little nugget to go with.

JJ Watt is on a 2 year 33 million deal with no guarantees. 

Would he say no to converting that to a 3 year 33 million deal fully guaranteed with a 10 million signing bonus?

Right now his cap hit is 

under this deal, his cap hit becomes

11 million per season the next 3 years. 

We are taking all the risk, he might not ever be the same, but we can't release JJ Watt over the next two years. 

On April 26, the former Lake Erie College football player inked a deal as a long-snapper with the Houston Texans. He agreed to a deal shortly after the three-day draft ended April 25.

It's Kukwa's second stint with Houston. In early May of last year, he signed his first deal with the Texans. He also spent time with the Raiders and Chargers

I hope he sticks for you guys. What are his chances to make the team as your long snapper?

1 hour ago, buno67 said:

I hope he sticks for you guys. What are his chances to make the team as your long snapper?

Jon Weeks has been the LS for years - Weeks is pretty good for the most part. Not sure if Kukuwa will stick, it's his 2nd shot with the team...but who knows.

Watson’s 5th year option is only in the 18 million range thanks to the progressive system that is going out of effect after this season. That’s about 15-17 million cheaper than his extension. 

that means he’s basically on a 2 year 23 million dollar deal. I wonder if we can give him an extension that kicks in AFTER his 5th year option, allowing us to spread a signing bonus out over 6 years instead of 4 or 5. That would help the cap hit a lot. Gives us Watson for 6 season, provides him with a 30-40 million lump sum up front and gives him probably 100 million guaranteed dollars. 

2 hours ago, Pastor Dillon said:

I’d much rather sign Andy Dalton than role with McCarron as our back up 

Dalton probably going to look for the potential starting gig - you know, backup to Stidham, Minshew, possibly Big Ben - as opposed to a backup spot behind an unquestioned starter.

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Pastor Dillon said:

idk if its true, but i read that no team has ever won the super bowl paying its QB more than 20 million per season average. 

That’ll change soon with all of them getting paid mega bucks. But with Brady always taking less than market value that’s skewed. Mahomes will certainly break that.

I wonder if the ripple effect of the Rona will cause some of these agents to push their clients to sign this offseason.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

PFF says that’s Houston is the only team who’s starting 5 on the line all scored 70 or higher in pass blocking. 

throw in Tunsil not getting a ton of penalties and not giving up 2 sacks 5 days after signing and he should be better 

add a full year of Howard and he should be better

both Howard and Scharping being in year 2 should see significant growth 

Martin and Fulton shouldn’t get worse and continuity could be better. 

when you consider all things, a healthy year for our offensive line could make it a top 5 unit. 

add that to the weapons we have, even without Hopkins, and we could be looking at an amazing offense this year. 

https://sportsradio610.radio.com/blogs/brandon-scott/jj-watt-on-texans-front-office-moves-i-answer-to-my-job

Here is what Watt said when asked if he thought moves made this offseason by head coach/general manager Bill O'Brien put the Texans in the best position to win. 

"That's why people have jobs in those positions," Watt said. "That's the coaching staff, general manager, front office. That's their job. My job is to play the game and do it to the best of my ability. I have to answer to my job and they answer to their job. So, that's my job. I go out there and I play the game and I try to help us win football games. They try and put the team together that they feel is best for us to win football games. We each answer the bell to our own calls."