2020 Stupidity Virus Outbreak

Pastor Dillon

1 hour ago, ET80 said:

Step one is done, D'antoni leaving on his own accord... Now, gotta figure out how to unload Harden or Westbrook, because they proved they're part of the problem. 

For as ashamed as we were of Texans/KC... that abomination in the bubble might be worse. Talk about a team just rolling over and playing dead...

Stop with the “trade harden” garbage. You don’t trade a top 5 player in the league when you are winning playoff series every year. Westbrook can’t be traded because of his contract and because he’s best friends with harden. We aren’t the OKC thunder who paired Westbrook/PG/Melo and couldn’t win a playoff series. We’ve won 5 series the last 4 years. You take your shot next year with a new coach and a few new pieces. 

that lakers series was 1. Against a better team. 2. We had a real chance to go up 2-0 and made mistakes and they hit big shots in the 4th quarter of game 2. We were right there in game 3 and playing without House in games 4 and 5 really hurt us. Probably hurt us more than any team would be hurt from losing a guy like him. Our whole micro ball was based on having the length we had and house was a big part of that. Austin rivers and Ben McLemore took those minutes and neither offers what house does. I’m not saying we win with him but it was deflating. 

I hate Westbrook as much if not more than anyone but he was clearly never himself in the playoffs after the injury. He didn’t have the same speed or bounce in his step. He’s always gonna suck at shooting but when he really thrived this year, he was really good for us. I’m willing to give him another chance. 

we need to slow things down, create more ball movement, more cuts and off ball screens. Microball takes a lot of effort on defense and it’s impossible to do if you are running a top 5 pace on offense. We need less iso and more easy offense. That’s what a new coach can bring. 

Plus why weren’t we playing harden and Westbrook pick and rolls? I mean we should have attacked with that repeatedly. Logic says you can’t do that with two short guys but those two could make it work. 

this off season we need to try and run it back. Let Rivers walk because he can get much more money than we can pay him. 

keep our starting 5 of Tucker/Covington/Gordon/Westbrook/harden 

resign Green to pair him with House/McLemore off the bench. 

keep Clemons and Frazier as cheap bodies. 

we’ve got Nwaba on a deal for next year. 

that leaves us with 4 spots, one of which we typically keep open 

so 3 positions to either give minimum deals to or since we are likely in the tax anyway, use the 5 million MLE on someone. My hope would be a guy who is 6ft 9-10 that can shoot 3s and rebound. I assume we can’t get serge ibaka for that but someone in that mold. 

then find 2 3 and D guys for the end of the bench. Maybe resign Mbah a Moute and Carroll. 

hope that we get a favorable first round match up and then see what happens. I think we can be the 4th best team with the clippers, lakers and warriors unless one of them makes a big move. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Pastor Dillon said:

Stop with the “trade harden” garbage

You know more about basketball than I do, so I won't argue your preamble. All I know is we've tried multiple rebuilds around Harden - and they have all failed. Maybe - just maybe - Harden is the problem?

26 minutes ago, Pastor Dillon said:

Westbrook can’t be traded because of his contract and because he’s best friends with harden.

I can understand contract, but... seriously, who cares about the bolded? Harden is supposed to be a professional. This isn't some social club, this is a professional sports team that is paying James upwards of $200mm. 

If he's so fragile that his fewwings get hurt because his friend isn't there, he lacks the mental makeup to make it beyond the WCF.

5 hours ago, ET80 said:

You know more about basketball than I do, so I won't argue your preamble. All I know is we've tried multiple rebuilds around Harden - and they have all failed. Maybe - just maybe - Harden is the problem?

eh we have gone to 2 wcf's under him, made the playoffs 8 straight seasons and was 1 win away from going to the finals.  the problem currently is the system, which can work if they actually had the personnel for it, which i blame morey for.

6 hours ago, ET80 said:

Lebron and Kawhi were the only super stars to have rings when this post season started. That means that 13 other teams (and the raptors who have rings but no super stars)were built around guys who haven’t won it all. You don’t tear down a team that doesn’t win when they have really good players. 

4 hours ago, Pastor Dillon said:

Lebron and Kawhi were the only super stars to have rings when this post season started. That means that 13 other teams (and the raptors who have rings but no super stars)were built around guys who haven’t won it all. You don’t tear down a team that doesn’t win when they have really good players. 

But... How many builds and builds before you look at a guy and think "he's not the one"?

By my count, the Rockets put two HoF bound players right next to Harden (three depending on how you feel about Dwight Howard). Each time, it's led to missed expectations and someone other than Harden getting shipped off. 

This constant rinse and repeat just doesn't seem to go anywhere - and there's really nothing that makes me feel like it will go anywhere. I genuinely feel like this is the ceiling for the Rockets - a playoff berth, maybe a run in the playoffs, then a seat at home to watch the NBA Finals. Rinse and repeat, as always.

33 minutes ago, ET80 said:

But... How many builds and builds before you look at a guy and think "he's not the one"?

By my count, the Rockets put two HoF bound players right next to Harden (three depending on how you feel about Dwight Howard). Each time, it's led to missed expectations and someone other than Harden getting shipped off. 

This constant rinse and repeat just doesn't seem to go anywhere - and there's really nothing that makes me feel like it will go anywhere. I genuinely feel like this is the ceiling for the Rockets - a playoff berth, maybe a run in the playoffs, then a seat at home to watch the NBA Finals. Rinse and repeat, as always.

how long did it take dirk to win a title with dallas?   rockets just ran into bad luck facing the warriors dynasty during harden's rockets tenure.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, ET80 said:

Dwight got hurt

cP3 got hurt

westbrook got hurt

nothing harden can do about that. 

he’s lost to the warriors, Kawhi and the spurs, and Lebron. Not like he’s out here losing to the jazz. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Texansfan713 said:

how long did it take dirk to win a title with dallas?   rockets just ran into bad luck facing the warriors dynasty during harden's rockets tenure.

9 hours ago, Pastor Dillon said:

he’s lost to the warriors, Kawhi and the spurs, and Lebron. Not like he’s out here losing to the jazz. 

Fair points, to both of you.

Personally, I don't think he's got that killer instinct to win at the highest level, but I could be wrong. Guess we'll see next season.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ET80 said:

Fair points, to both of you.

Personally, I don't think he's got that killer instinct to win at the highest level, but I could be wrong. Guess we'll see next season.

He definately doesn’t have the Jordan/Kobe killer instinct. He’s a GOAT regular season performer and an above average playoff performer who is gonna need a good team to win it all. He’s not going to elevate a bad team to the title but he can be the best player on a title team. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Pastor Dillon said:

He definately doesn’t have the Jordan/Kobe killer instinct. He’s a GOAT regular season performer and an above average playoff performer who is gonna need a good team to win it all. He’s not going to elevate a bad team to the title but he can be the best player on a title team. 

Very fair point, can concede this argument. I guess I'm still of the mindset that you need that killer to get it done...

1 minute ago, ET80 said:

Very fair point, can concede this argument. I guess I'm still of the mindset that you need that killer to get it done...

We all want a championship but this idea that if you can’t win it all then you need to blow it up just doesn’t make sense. Unless a team is offering a package of mid 20 year olds that are gonna keep you in the playoffs, then you just play it out with your star. 

Warring went on IR again, possible that he might return. 

Hes a dude, busted pick. We could have made some better choices with this one. 

Its impossible to stay on top of the division when you trade so many high draft picks and then you dont hit on the ones you have. 

I am also not loving the Brandin Cooks for a 2nd round pick. We could have taken a young WR who would be on a cheap 4 year deal so we can pay Fuller. We could have taken a CB or Safety. We could have taken a guard.

Instead we have Cooks, who might have a good year, but while hes only at 8 million this year, if we choose to keep him beyond this year, his deal is 12, 13, 14 million over the next 3. There is zero percent chance of that happening. 

What we are doing though is paying a kicker 5 million a year, who literally single handily turned the chiefs game against us week 1

• Like 1