2020 Stupidity Virus Outbreak

Pastor Dillon

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/03/16/nfl-coronavirus-free-agency-draft-cba-fmia-peter-king/

It might be just pre-draft chatter, but two teams over the weekend told me to watch Houston and DeAndre Hopkins, who has three years and a reasonable $40 million left on his contract, and who’d cause only a $3-million cap hit to the Texans if they traded him. Houston is currently in draft hell, without a top-50 pick in 2020 and 2021, and coach Bill O’Brien has huge needs to fill on his offensive line, in the secondary and overall youth on the front seven; J.J. Watt and Whitney Mercilus will play this year at 31 and 30.

What could hurt O’Brien if he’s serious about moving Hopkins is he’ll play this year at 28, and he wasn’t as explosive last year as he’d been . . . and the fact that this is one of the best years in history for wideouts in the draft. How tempting Hopkins would be, though, to teams with cap money. The Patriots, at 23, would be a fascinating match (they might need a mid- or late-round pick back with Hopkins), or the Niners at 31, Giants at 36 or Dolphins at 39.

Houston’s need across the roster is big, and it’d take a big pick to pry Hopkins. Over the last three years, Hopkins has 15 more catches, 14 more touchdowns and 12 fewer dropped passes than the great Julio Jones. Pretty tempting to consider.

(This is pure speculation and click bait at its finest - don't buy into it).

5 hours ago, ET80 said:

(This is pure speculation and click bait at its finest - don't buy into it).

I wish I was right. I really wish I was right.

2020 is DOA. This team could go 3-13 or 13-3, it does not matter. BoB has single handedly killed football in Houston, he has ruined every single fan in a football crazy town. Anyone who willingly pays for Texans tickets or merchandise is the problem.

32 minutes ago, ET80 said:

I wish I was right. I really wish I was right.

2020 is DOA. This team could go 3-13 or 13-3, it does not matter. BoB has single handedly killed football in Houston, he has ruined every single fan in a football crazy town. Anyone who willingly pays for Texans tickets or merchandise is the problem.

I've never been someone who wished for us to go 3-13. The pain of watching us lose would upset me. But if thats what it takes for Bill O'Brien to finally feel the consequences of his own actions, I cannot wait.

10 minutes ago, Pastor Dillon said:

So we basically traded away our best player and then decided to sit out free agency. Seems legit. 

I'm hoping Hop fails his medical and the locker room turns permanently negative against BoB cause he just tried to screw them over and replace their best player with RANDALL COBB LOL

Just lost Taiwan Jones, can't blame anyone that doesn't want to resign after this BoB - Hopkins mess. Probably made a lot of players look at us as a poverty franchise too, also can't blame them for that either. This is going to be a very painful season.

• Like 1

If Bill O'Brien isn't a gigantic joke he's trying to get Antonio Brown and MAYBE Dez Bryant on the phone right now, give AB a chance and then throw him to the dogs first time he messes up but considering how obedient he was with the Patriots I wouldn't count on it, and Dez is the same throw him away if he has a fit but they're atleast better receivers (AB definitely) than Randall Cobb and Keke Coutee, ATLEAST we can rely on them compared to the Ghost of Will Fuller.

3 hours ago, Drained said:

If Bill O'Brien isn't a gigantic joke he's trying to get Antonio Brown and MAYBE Dez Bryant on the phone right now, give AB a chance and then throw him to the dogs first time he messes up but considering how obedient he was with the Patriots I wouldn't count on it, and Dez is the same throw him away if he has a fit but they're atleast better receivers (AB definitely) than Randall Cobb and Keke Coutee, ATLEAST we can rely on them compared to the Ghost of Will Fuller.

Apparently FAs are being told to stay away from BOB. That’s why we are over paying for bad players.