2020 Stupidity Virus Outbreak

Pastor Dillon

The season is ruined for Texans fans, but the rest of the NFL can enjoy watching a guy with a room temperature IQ, fragile ego and hair-trigger temper ruin an NFL franchise while its coward owner sits in the back room counting his money and hoping people don't notice him.

I hope there is a full-on player mutiny, BOB gets fired, and Cal sells the franchise and slinks out of the spotlight he completely wilted under.

Edited by Texans02
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Drained said:

Hope BoB is starting to realize the bed he laid out for himself.

No, he's convinced he's smarter than everyone else... and it's everyone else that has the problem.

He's the Eric Cartman of coaches, right down to the "RESPECT MY AUTHORITA!" rant...

• Like 3

Having the serenity To accept the things I cannot change, what’s really the outlook for the season? 

here’s a positive outlook:

well for one, coaching might be slightly better with New coordinators. BOB might be able to grow a little in clock management and handling challenges and things since he’s not  calling plays anymore. Weaver could bring a new approach to defense, which could help. 

speaking of defense, it shouldn’t be any worse. We lost Reader, but I largely think he was overvalued, at least to the standpoint of our overall defense. The pass defense can’t be any worse with literally the same guys back, and perhaps they can see internal growth from playing together a 2nd year. We will have JJ Watt back, which who knows what that means. He could be a 10-12 sack monster that changes the game. Plus we have 5 picks in the top 4 rounds to address needs on defense. 

on offense, we are losing Hopkins, which really stings. If and at this point it’s more of a fantasy, but if we get 15 games out of Glass Fuller, the loss of Hopkins won’t sting as bad. Cobb is much better than he’s been given credit for. He’s no Hopkins but it’s not fair to compare him to that. Stills and Cobb have both proven to be number 2 type WRs in the past, so if Fuller can be the number 1, our pass offense can be good. 

the offensive line is a huge question mark, but only because Tunsil and Howard are coming off injuries. Unlike years past, the line has top 5 potential. We are set at 4 positions and Fulton is overpaid but he’s not a scrub. I wouldn’t be surprised if we don’t draft a guard in the 2nd round. 

brings us to running back. I was never a Carlos Hyde is a god type fan. He was solid but replaceable. 1,070 yards and 6 TDs is not a game changer. I like Duke Johnson more and now we have a 2nd(extremely overpaid) version of him. we could legit have 2 RBs with 500 rushing and 500 receiving. 

the question is whether BOB will let us move into a more pass heavy team. Shotgun, Johnson and Johnson on each side of watson. Fuller and Stills on the outside. Cobb in the slot. Bring in TEs when needed. Could be fun. 

• Like 1

Then there’s the worst case. 

weaver isn’t ready to be a DC. Johnson doesn’t develop. Roby and Reid battle injuries. Reader being gone destroys our run defense up the middle. Watt really is done or injuried again. 

Tunsil’s injury pushes into the season. Scharping doesn’t develop. Howard is injuried off and on. Fuller plays 8 games. David Johnson is what he is. 

we bust on our draft picks. BOB takes back play calling duties after an 0-3 start. 

watson demands a trade. 

• Like 1

What I would like to see from the rest of free agency (realistic + optimistic) 

NT Dontari Poe (1 year, $4M)

Edge Aaron Lynch (2 years, $6M)

ILB / ST Joe Walker (2 years, $3M)

CB Xavier Rhodes (1 year, $5M)

S Jordan Lucas (4 years, $6M)