The Oscars

RamRod

14 minutes ago, RamRod said:

Yes. Jamie Foxx, Cate Blanchett, Julianne Moore, Sigourney Weaver, Al Pacino.

Thank you. I guess more specifically any of those in the SAME category.

Also...

Best Supporting Actor

Tom Hanks, A Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood

How does this work? Is Mr. Rogers not the main character in the movie?

1 hour ago, RamRod said:

Biggest snub to me was Awkwafina in The Farewell

The Farewell getting completely blanked is awful. 

The Academy continues to have distain for A24, who has consistently been pumping out great movies. Guessing they don't grease enough pockets to get considers. 

Edited by animaltested
  • Like 3

Gonna Type up my thoughts on the Noms,

Parasite should win BP. The way it transcended the language barrier and resonated with audiences is a testament to how great the movie is. Wouldn't be disappointed if 1917 wins. Im just sick of the Academy being so against giving Foreign Language films THEIR award. Roma getting snubbed last year was a tragedy. 

Ford Vs Ferrari getting a BP nom but nothing else is awful. No business being there, especially over the The Farewell. They do this every year, awarding a tentpole, legacy picture with huge names attached that nobody saw or enjoyed that much a nom. The Academy's whole makeover is pure lip service at this point. Its still old dudes who only watch major productions voting for the same films every year. 

Best Director has some heavy hitters there. But would have loved to see Lulu Wang and Greta Gerwig in there. Maybe they should expand the nominees to 7 in the future to avoid this? Really pulling for Bong here. 

For the Actor Categories, Im pulling for Driver and Pitt... I guess. Not really strong crop IMO. Also, where is Dafoe from Lighthouse? Would have been nice to have him instead of the walking corpses clogging up the Supporting category. Like seriously, Hopkins and Pryce were fine, but nothing about the Two Popes was spectacular. DeNero and Pesci are literally playing the same dudes they have their entire career. 

For Actress, Im pulling for ScarJo and Pugh. ScarJo was a force in Marriage Story. Florence was brilliant in Little Women, and she was able to stand out amongst some fantastic performances. Says a lot about the performance when her portrayal is the first thing people want to talk about after watch LW. 

I really don't like the double dip on noms. It closes the door on new and fresh faces getting some limelight for their performances. 

GIVE DEAKINS THE AWARD AGAIN YOU COWARDS. IN FACT GIVE HIM 10 PAST ONES TOO.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, RamRod said:

Sort of why I put “for anyone interested” at the end of the post. I know a lot of people on here are anti awards show and hate the politics of it.

Settle down, it was a joke.  I’m always interested in the Oscars.  They’re a great way to see which movie will be forgotten about in 5 years while the best movie probably wasn’t even nominated.  It’s always funny watching them get their own industry so wrong.