The Oscars

RamRod

Feel like Once Upon a Time in Hollywood has a strong chance because it's nostalgic for the older members of the academy who were around at that time. I was reading one of those anonymous Osca ballots that come out around this time and the person was basically saying it brought him back to that time. He also said he relates to DiCaprio in the movie because his career isn't what it used to be.

How is Tom Hanks a supporting actor in that film?

Have not seen a lot of these but are interesting in many of them.  Little Women should be awesome with that amazing cast, 1917 is great because the one and only Roger Deakins best Cinematographer in the biz.

Once upon a  Time...in Hollywood I still have a hard time believing it is that good but with Pitt and Leo would be hard to be bad but will see.   Would be shocked if the story is good because on paper it does not sound great.  

At least it is better than last year, especially with the Best Picture category.  Black Panther was not worth a nomination, Blackkklansman sucked, The Favourite was shockingly awful, and A Star is Born was freaking cheesy as hell....  Then again The Shape of Water won in 2018 and that is just a damn joke.

6 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

Have you seen it?

No I have not, but considering he is the main actor in the movie and the main character in the story how is he a supporting actor in the film?  What he has no lines or something and is barely in it?  This is the poster image for the film.  If he is not the main character and or actor in the movie then who is?  

MV5BYTc1OWFmZDYtNDkzMy00ZjM2LTkxZDItM2E3

25 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

No I have not, but considering he is the main actor in the movie and the main character in the story how is he a supporting actor in the film?  What he has no lines or something and is barely in it?  This is the poster image for the film.  If he is not the main character and or actor in the movie then who is?  

MV5BYTc1OWFmZDYtNDkzMy00ZjM2LTkxZDItM2E3

Hanks was the big draw for crowds because he's Tom Hanks and that's why he was so prominent in the marketing, but Mr. Rogers is not the main character in the movie.

5 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

Hanks was the big draw for crowds because he's Tom Hanks and that's why he was so prominent in the marketing, but Mr. Rogers is not the main character in the movie.

I should wait till I watch it sure to make judgement, but who is the main character then?  The character Matthew Rhys plays and all his poor trials and tribulations?  That is the draw and the main reason people go see the movie?  If Hanks is not in it a lot that is just sad and makes it a lot less interesting potentially.  Because again no one watches this film to watch Matthew Rhys's character....  Maybe it is crap who knows, I will have to wait and see...

1 hour ago, Ozzy said:

I should wait till I watch it sure to make judgement, but who is the main character then?  The character Matthew Rhys plays and all his poor trials and tribulations?  That is the draw and the main reason people go see the movie?  If Hanks is not in it a lot that is just sad and makes it a lot less interesting potentially.  Because again no one watches this film to watch Matthew Rhys's character....  Maybe it is crap who knows, I will have to wait and see...

Lead actor or main character doesn't mean they are the main draw to see the movie. Was Heath Ledger and his performance not the main draw of The Dark Knight? He was featured on posters and a huge part of the marketing, but that doesn't mean he was the lead actor or the main character.

Who said Hanks isn't in it a lot? Why does it probably suck now? Just calm down man. You're throwing a huge fit and judging a movie without even knowing anything about it.

31 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

Lead actor or main character doesn't mean they are the main draw to see the movie. Was Heath Ledger and his performance not the main draw of The Dark Knight? He was featured on posters and a huge part of the marketing, but that doesn't mean he was the lead actor or the main character.

Who said Hanks isn't in it a lot? Why does it probably suck now? Just calm down man. You're throwing a huge fit and judging a movie without even knowing anything about it.

You compare it to Heath Ledger?  He was literally on screen 33 minutes in a 152 minute film.  So that is the comparison?  I had no question Heath was a supporting actor in that, but if Hanks is on screen in this film around 30 minutes or so out of a 109 minute film, yeah that is disappointing.  Especially with a film about Mr. Rogers!  But maybe Matthew Rhys's character is really interesting, how about no.  

Just found this online, so I am not the only one that is annoyed he is not in it more, and I have never even seen the film yet.  It is more than disappointing he is apparently a supporting character...

https://www.theridgefieldpress.com/arts-leisure/article/Tom-Hanks-leaves-us-wanting-more-Mr-Rogers-in-14878486.php

Mr. Rogers is well worth having a movie about him specifically, not about some stupid made up reporter dude no one cares about in an effort for what, some type of creative storytelling?  

Edited by Ozzy