lions sign Cory Undlin as their new defensive coordinator

flyguy1609

5 hours ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

Was he? All metrics I read made the argument that Diggs had been struggling significantly this year when on the Lions' roster. At $5.2M per year, I think they believed that trading him for anything was better than sticking with that contract and player.

The Seattle coaching staff allowed Diggs to recover from his hamstring injury before getting him back on the field and he played great. The Lions forced him to hobble out there when injured and were shocked when he didn't play well.

Geniuses. 

1 hour ago, Nnivolcm said:

The Seattle coaching staff allowed Diggs to recover from his hamstring injury before getting him back on the field and he played great. The Lions forced him to hobble out there when injured and were shocked when he didn't play well.

Geniuses. 

... really? What reality is this from?

Diggs was hurt during the first quarter in Week 4. He didn't play in Weeks 5 and 6 before playing in Week 7. Talking about "forcing him to hobble out there". Not only that, if he were actually "forced" to play, he not only would've said something to the media, he would have undoubtedly filed a grievance against the team, as doing so is a clear violation of the CBA.

What did Diggs say after being traded?

"I think it was more of just a control thing," Diggs told the Free Press. "Them wanting to control the locker room. Control the locker room, control voices in the locker room."

Interesting. He had a chance to say "they forced me to hobble around out there!", but he didn't. Why? Because, obviously, that's not what happened.

What really happened? The Lions hoped he could become a full-time safety, and signed him to an extension reflecting that role. Not only did he struggle during weeks 1-4, but he got hurt. Again. Just as he has numerous times throughout his career. (And what happened during his short time with SEA? Injured. Again.)

It seems that they wanted Diggs to be something that he showed he couldn't, and they traded him before his contract became an issue. Of course, that's not a really good anti-Quinn narrative, but those narratives are often far from the truth.

Edited by TL-TwoWinsAway
  • Like 2