How big is the gap between Mahomes and Watson/Jackson?

patriotsheatyan

14 hours ago, JBURGE said:

Watson seems to have a great attitude, but he is really limited by his coach.

This is one thing I'm tired of hearing. I get that BOB is not the best play-caller, but I also think he's been used as a scapegoat far more often than he deserves in order to try and prop up Watson. The same with his "terrible" OL.

It just seems like if Watson makes a mistake, such as take a sack or make a bad throw, it's because the play-call was bad and the OL was terrible. Yet, if Watson makes a throw to a wide-open target, it's because Watson is so great, and no credit is given to his OL for holding their blocking assignments or BOB for calling the play.

I would just love to see a comparison between coaches over the years in similar situations.

Edited by JustAnotherFan
  • Like 4

5 hours ago, 49er pride said:

Mahomes is in a tier by himself. 

Eh, I wouldn't be mad if someone said that. But Russ can pretty much accomplish anything Mahomes can, just without the elite arm. I can't name a weakness in either or their games. 

What makes Mahomes a definitively better QB, in your opinion?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, JustAnotherFan said:

This is one thing I'm tired of hearing. I get that BOB is not the best play-caller, but I also think he's been used as a scapegoat far more often than he deserves in order to try and prop up Watson. The same with his "terrible" OL.

It just seems like if Watson makes a mistake, such as take a sack or make a bad throw, it's because the play-call was bad and the OL was terrible. Yet, if Watson makes a throw to a wide-open target, it's because Watson is so great, and no credit is given to his OL for holding their blocking assignments or BOB for calling the play.

I would just love to see a comparison between coaches over the years in similar situations.

Yup. Watson is great, but people act like he should be immune from criticism.

Edited by DawgX
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, SmittyBacall said:

What makes Mahomes a definitively better QB, in your opinion?

I think Mahomes has the Favre/Rodgers arm talent that allows him to make rocket (and accurate) throws while on the move, without their feet set. Plenty of guys can throw on the run and a select few have the type of howitzer Mahomes has (Josh Allen for one) but I think if you combine the two and add in crazy ball placement, you get Rodgers/Mahomes. 

Just now, Yin-Yang said:

I think Mahomes has the Favre/Rodgers arm talent that allows him to make rocket (and accurate) throws while on the move, without their feet set. Plenty of guys can throw on the run and a select few have the type of howitzer Mahomes has (Josh Allen for one) but I think if you combine the two and add in crazy ball placement, you get Rodgers/Mahomes. 

That's fair. I buy that. I just have a tough time lumping Russ in with the next tier of guys. I think he's closer to Mahomes than he is to the Watson's, Jackson's, or Rodgers' of the world.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, SmittyBacall said:

That's fair. I buy that. I just have a tough time lumping Russ in with the next tier of guys. I think he's closer to Mahomes than he is to the Watson's, Jackson's, or Rodgers' of the world.

Wilson has been a starter for eight years and never come close to what Mahomes did last year. This year Mahomes was also having a better this season than Wilson has ever had if it wasn’t for the injury.

We get told that Wilson deserves to be a MVP or that he cannot be compared to second tier QBs every year. He’s in the second half of his career now in all likelihood. When will he win an MVP, have a record breaking season, or completely take over the postseason?

What exactly has Wilson done to be put in Mahomes tier? 

35 minutes ago, patriotsheatyan said:

Wilson has been a starter for eight years and never come close to what Mahomes did last year. This year Mahomes was also having a better this season than Wilson has ever had if it wasn’t for the injury.

We get told that Wilson deserves to be a MVP or that he cannot be compared to second tier QBs every year. He’s in the second half of his career now in all likelihood. When will he win an MVP, have a record breaking season, or completely take over the postseason?

What exactly has Wilson done to be put in Mahomes tier? 

I don’t care what the stats say. I’ve seen enough from both to know what they’re capable of. 

• Like 3