How big is the gap between Mahomes and Watson/Jackson?

patriotsheatyan

On 1/15/2020 at 11:40 AM, diamondbull424 said:

Tier1: Mahomes

Tier2: Wilson, Jackson, Brees

Tier3: Watson, Rodgers, Wentz

Tier4: JimmyG, Ryan, Murray, Brady, Goff, Fitzpatrick

How I would have it currently. But the list is fluid. Things can change.

wut

• Like 2

On 1/13/2020 at 6:26 PM, SmittyBacall said:

Russ and Mahomes are on the top tier. Lamar is on a crowded tier below that.

Russ may be on a tier above the rest of the league's quarterbacks, but Mahomes is on a tier above Russ, IMHO.  He is clearly the best quarterback on the planet right now.

On 1/15/2020 at 11:40 AM, diamondbull424 said:

Tier1: Mahomes

Tier2: Wilson, Jackson, Brees

Tier3: Watson, Rodgers, Wentz

Tier4: JimmyG, Ryan, Murray, Brady, Goff, Fitzpatrick

How I would have it currently. But the list is fluid. Things can change.

Dude has fitzy ranked top 8-13 QB in the league....lmao.

1 hour ago, drew39k said:

Dude has fitzy ranked top 8-13 QB in the league....lmao.

Literally said the list is fluid. By the end of the season he showed a lot while other guys were injured or fizzled out. Already addressed this comment like a month ago.  Maybe you should move on?

What he did with that Miami team was quite impressive. They literally had next to nothing on offense/defense and he still led them to 5 wins? That’s thanks to coaching and Fitzmagic in large part.

Edited by diamondbull424

2 hours ago, diamondbull424 said:

Literally said the list is fluid. By the end of the season he showed a lot while other guys were injured or fizzled out. Already addressed this comment like a month ago.  Maybe you should move on?

What he did with that Miami team was quite impressive. They literally had next to nothing on offense/defense and he still led them to 5 wins? That’s thanks to coaching and Fitzmagic in large part.

Fluid or not, calling Ryan Fitzpatrick a top ten qb in the league is straight crazy.

He is a good backup QB that can come off the bench and be a decent stop gap. Rely on him for anymore than that and he straight implodes. His track record for this cycle is impressively consistent.

If he is your starting QB you better be looking for a way to upgrade, and quickly. That's not the mindset you would have with a top ten or even top 15 qb.

32 minutes ago, Bearerofnews said:

Mahomes is king right now. Insane start to his career.

Marquee season

MVP

4-1 in the playoffs

SB ring

SB MVP

2 AFCC berths

One 1st team all pro

2 probowls 

Kids on fire.

His goal for 2020 should solely be improve agg%.

Welcome to the Mahomes fan club. Glad you saw The Light.

• Like 1

On 2/3/2020 at 5:48 PM, drew39k said:

Fluid or not, calling Ryan Fitzpatrick a top ten qb in the league is straight crazy.

He is a good backup QB that can come off the bench and be a decent stop gap. Rely on him for anymore than that and he straight implodes. His track record for this cycle is impressively consistent.

If he is your starting QB you better be looking for a way to upgrade, and quickly. That's not the mindset you would have with a top ten or even top 15 qb.

Never had him in the top 10 as you can quite clearly see he’s 13th on the board and if you looked at the other response of mines you would see that perhaps I should’ve included a 5th tier below this one with him there along with a few other QBs.

But what Fitzpatrick did this season with so little help was as impressive as what many of the guys on his tier did with superior talent throughout.

Who should I have ranked above him? Phillip Rivers, who had plenty of talent on that offense (more than Miami) and killed that team in pivotal moments time and time again. Carr on the Raiders who started hot but looked absolutely abysmal on enough occasions with superior weapons around him. Would I trust Fumble Dimes or Minshew to lead that Miami team to 5 wins? I definitely do not. I think Sam Darnold would, had I made a 5th tier along with Baker Mayfield would find themselves on that tier with Fitzpatrick. The injured QBs such as Big Ben and Cam Newton I’m not ranking because I don’t have enough recent information. I would easily take Fitzmagic over Eli. Definitely not putting Dwayne Haskins above Fitzpatrick.

In retrospect the only QBs I forgot off memory when making the list were Matthew Stafford (injury) and Josh Allen (skipped my mind).

Tier 1: Mahomes

Tier 2: Jackson, Wilson, Brees

Tier 3: Watson, Rodgers, Wentz

Tier 4: Brady, Murray, Ryan, Stafford, JimmyG, Goff

Tier 5: Darnold, Allen, Fitzpatrick, Mayfield

Something like that anyway.

9 hours ago, diamondbull424 said:

Tier 1: Mahomes

Tier 2: Jackson, Wilson, Brees

Tier 3: Watson, Rodgers, Wentz

Tier 4: Brady, Murray, Ryan, Stafford, JimmyG, Goff

Tier 5: Darnold, Allen, Fitzpatrick, Mayfield

Something like that anyway.

Brady as a Tier 4 quarterback? Are you joking?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, lolsurebro said:

With the way he played last season? No. It was either a blip or it was a sign of the new normal. If it’s a blip I’m sure he’ll be back up to tier 3, if not tier 2. But as it stands... I don’t have enough information to put him higher.

On ‎1‎/‎14‎/‎2020 at 4:27 PM, patriotsheatyan said:

Wilson has been a starter for eight years and never come close to what Mahomes did last year. This year Mahomes was also having a better this season than Wilson has ever had if it wasn’t for the injury.

We get told that Wilson deserves to be a MVP or that he cannot be compared to second tier QBs every year. He’s in the second half of his career now in all likelihood. When will he win an MVP, have a record breaking season, or completely take over the postseason?

What exactly has Wilson done to be put in Mahomes tier? 

TD's are just a method  of scoring, Wilson is every bit as good at Maholmes even with the having the same talent around him.

7 hours ago, lolsurebro said:

Based off his play this year that is being generous.

On ‎1‎/‎20‎/‎2020 at 10:44 PM, jrry32 said:

It's the Shanahan-Gibbs ZBS. If you get the right blockers and play-calling in place, you can find success with a myriad of different HBs as long as they fit the system. Mostert, being a speedy one-cut runner, fits the system.