How big is the gap between Mahomes and Watson/Jackson?

patriotsheatyan

18 hours ago, diamondbull424 said:

Tier 1: Mahomes

Tier 2: Jackson, Wilson, Brees

Tier 3: Watson, Rodgers, Wentz

Tier 4: Brady, Murray, Ryan, Stafford, JimmyG, Goff

Tier 5: Darnold, Allen, Fitzpatrick, Mayfield

Something like that anyway.

Prescott? 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

Hint: He is better than both of those. 

It's almost as if people forget that Brady was graded as one of the most accurate players on the field in 2019 because his receivers were awful, his OL was mostly awful (we had Newhouse for at 2/3 of the season), no tight end, etc... At one point the only way we could move the ball was running screens and trick plays. Actually, it was MOSTLY like that this season I feel like...

Just last year Brady received arguably his highest rating of all time in his career, and won a superbowl. This year Gronk and a bunch of others leave, the offense stagnates, and everyone considers him a Tier 4 quarterback? 

lulz. I can't bruh.

1 hour ago, lolsurebro said:

It's almost as if people forget that Brady was graded as one of the most accurate players on the field in 2019 because his receivers were awful, his OL was mostly awful (we had Newhouse for at 2/3 of the season), no tight end, etc... At one point the only way we could move the ball was running screens and trick plays. Actually, it was MOSTLY like that this season I feel like...

Just last year Brady received arguably his highest rating of all time in his career, and won a superbowl. This year Gronk and a bunch of others leave, the offense stagnates, and everyone considers him a Tier 4 quarterback? 

lulz. I can't bruh.

And its almost like people dont recognize that Dak was graded as one of the most accurate players on the field in 2019. One of the best deep ball players. One of the best EPA, ANY/A, QBR, etc etc etc

Basically he was between top 5 and 10 in every single stat. 

lulz. You should bruh :D

1 hour ago, Matts4313 said:

And its almost like people dont recognize that Dak was graded as one of the most accurate players on the field in 2019. One of the best deep ball players. One of the best EPA, ANY/A, QBR, etc etc etc

Basically he was between top 5 and 10 in every single stat. 

lulz. You should bruh :D

Dark had far better weapons to work with.

The point is that everyone on here acts as is Tom Brady is some subpar QB barely worth mentioning anymore and it’s ridiculous.

3 minutes ago, lolsurebro said:

Dark had far better weapons to work with.

The point is that everyone on here acts as is Tom Brady is some subpar QB barely worth mentioning anymore and it’s ridiculous.

Daks WR's also led the NFL in drops and INTs that hit their hands.

But the point isnt that Brady is "sub-par". I never said he was. He just isnt as good as Dak in their current states. 

3 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

Daks WR's also led the NFL in drops and INTs that hit their hands.

But the point isnt that Brady is "sub-par". I never said he was. He just isnt as good as Dak in their current states. 

Go back and watch some New England games from this season and tell me in what world Brady had better help than Dak lol.

And to your second point -- my comments were mistakenly geared toward you in a blanket statement reacting to multiple Brady bashers on this forum. 

Curious though -- how do you value what Brady does on the field as far as calling plays, making adjustments, recognizing reads, etc? Would you still put Dak above him here? How important is that aspect to being a good QB in your mind?

Edited by lolsurebro
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, lolsurebro said:

Curious though -- how do you value what Brady does on the field as far as calling plays, making adjustments, recognizing reads, etc? Would you still put Dak above him here? How important is that aspect to being a good QB in your mind?

Nah, probably no one in the NFL is better than Brady. Dak is not better than him, but Dak is very cerebral. He plays like a long term vet when it comes to reads and checks. 

Its super important in my mind that a QB be able to do that.

• Like 1

On 2/8/2020 at 8:59 PM, Nabbs4u said:

Dak is so good his own FO would rather Franchise Tag him then pay him a long term contract at the going rate $34M for a FQB in today's NFL.

That's how special they think He and his 2019 numbers were!

@ET80 => Can I get special permission to troll the ever living ish out of this dude when we extend Dak? 

He literally did this same thing with Garrett for the past year. Every opportunity he could get he would make a post about how Dallas is extending Garrett for 10 years. He probably said it no less than 50 times the last 6 months. And now he is doing it with Dak. It drives me nuts. 

14 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

@ET80 => Can I get special permission to troll the ever living ish out of this dude when we extend Dak? 

He literally did this same thing with Garrett for the past year. Every opportunity he could get he would make a post about how Dallas is extending Garrett for 10 years. He probably said it no less than 50 times the last 6 months. And now he is doing it with Dak. It drives me nuts. 

Now, imagine your QB has been labelled a running back...

They don't care about this sort of trolling on the forum, they'll allow it.

I don't think they're as big as people make them out to be.  Mahomes has one of the best offensie minds in football with a monster at TE, one of the scariest deep threats in the game plus another deep threat plus another deep threat plus a line.  Watson has one great receiver and a Bill Belichick disciple. 

Just like the Aaron Rodgers versus the world threads that popped up after 2011, wait.  If you wait until these quarterbacks are on second contracts and they can't be surrounded by talent and everything evens out for them, then and only then will you be able to tell.