Rank these young RB’s HOF chances...

DirtyDez

On 1/13/2020 at 12:00 PM, theJ said:
On 1/13/2020 at 11:45 AM, DirtyDez said:
On 1/13/2020 at 11:09 AM, Elky said:

If Tennessee wins the Super Bowl and Henry dominates these last two games, he pretty much booked his ticket.

That’s why Terrell Davis is in.  His postseason numbers are historic...

8 games (7-1): 1,140 yards, 12 TD’s, 5.59 YPA

That, and a 2000 yard season.

Also a League MVP,  has 2 SB (Not 1), 2X OPOTY!

Please dont compare the two because they're not remotely similar! 

Edited by Nabbs4u
  • Like 1

On 1/13/2020 at 11:09 AM, Elky said:

If Tennessee wins the Super Bowl and Henry dominates these last two games, he pretty much booked his ticket.

Holy recency bias Batman! Henry could run for 300 yards in each of the next 2 games, AND win the SB MVP, and he would still not be a hall of famer. What are you smoking? 

It seems like the hall of fame standards among some people have diminished to the level of that of a participation award.  *My Opera impression* you get a bust, you get a bust, you get a bust,...

Anyhow.

As of right now, Zeke has the best chance but all of them have a TON of work to do before they're even considered.

In 4 years, Zeke has 1 first team all-pro, 2 rushing titles, 3 seasons with 1500+ YFS, and one 2,000 yard season.

He either needs to have about 6 more highly productive seasons with no playoffs and ALOT of hardware.

Or, he still needs atleast 3 more highly productive seasons, plus postseasons production, and a lot more hardware.

However, this should be easier for him to accomplish since he's playing behind an OL that features 2 sure-fire hall of famers themselves with Martin and Smith, and another potential HoFmer in Frederick.

He just better hope McCarthy doesn't forget he has a runningback.

Edited by JustAnotherFan
  • Like 2

On ‎1‎/‎13‎/‎2020 at 10:11 AM, ILoveTheVikings said:

Pending injuries CMC is a lock.

Not sure people recognize how great he is. There have only been 10 times that a player has had a 1,000+/800+ rushing/receiving yards in a season and CMC already has two in his 3 year career. Faulk only had 3.

I would like to see his touches compared to the other 10 players

Wow some of the people in here putting Zeke at 2 or 3 much less at 4. Considering his production since entering the league which is 2nd to none on this list. 

Whether you want to say it's due to the talent around him or being the focul point of his offense since the start of his career. None of that will matter to the HOF voters when it comes to overall stats and the final ballots that are cast. The talent or touches arguments weren't held held against emmitt or Faulk and I doubt they will be held against zeke. 

Zeke so far has shown he is head and shoulders above everyone on this list. Whether you want to talk averages or coulda, shoulda, woulda, Zeke "is" proving it on the field. 

The standards are going to drop moving forward with early retirements and how the position has changed.

Christian McCaffrey has had two pretty massive seasons. Like, the reception totals are pretty insane for a non-Larry Centers type guy. So he could get in with "just" a couple more really.

Ezekiel Elliot & Derrick Henry are in the same vein but being more traditional backs they need more accumulation. Keep in mind Terrell Davis is in because of his playoff resume and Priest Holmes would be in too if he had a bigger playoff resume (as it is, he still had the greatest game for a RB in a loss out of the 2 played). So in Derrick Henry's case, maybe if he lead the league in rushing and won a Super Bowl with great numbers he'd already get in, eventually and same could be said for Elliot who has more career numbers. Currently I put Elliot slightly ahead.

4. Saquan Barkley

5. Nick Chubb

I'm on board with CMC being first, just because he can accumulate total yds through rec, which is a lot less of a pounding than carrying the rock. Plus it isn't as if he isn't able to do that; he can rack up 1700 total  yds every year on say 200-ish carries and 80 catches; players like Zeke and Henry are going to need 300 carries, which wears you down more. 

Not sure about Saquon or Chubb, it kinda depends on how their crap situations end up. I think Saquon's elusiveness means he will age better along with McCaffrey than the pounders. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 14/01/2020 at 4:29 AM, DirtyDez said:

Even if it think none of them will make it.  Rank 1-5 from best to worst chance...

(in no order)

Christian McCaffrey

2/3

Derrick Henry

2/4

Saquan Barkley

1/2

Ezekiel Elliot 

2/4

Nick Chubb

1.5/2 

Indicates how.many seasons you could put on a HOF resume.

For Chubb 1st year was great but didnt get many snaps thanks to todd.

1. Zeke - simply because he already has the strongest base with 4 strong years under his belt
  2. McCaffrey - dude has the most spectacular couple of seasons. And his team sucks. Imagine if they get a QB and some other weapons
  3. Barkley - the only thing limiting him is the team he is playing on. He had an incredible rookie season. His sophomore season was hampered with injuries and a terrible scheme. If he gets the opportunity, he will go back to being among, if not the best RB in the game
  4. HUGE GAP
  5. Chubb - I guess. I don't think he is anywhere near this discussion just yet
  6. Henry - he lost a couple really important seasons early on, and I'm guessing he will have the worst longevity of all of these guys
Edited by Tk3

On 1/13/2020 at 11:11 AM, ILoveTheVikings said:

Pending injuries CMC is a lock.

Not sure people recognize how great he is. There have only been 10 times that a player has had a 1,000+/800+ rushing/receiving yards in a season and CMC already has two in his 3 year career. Faulk only had 3.

Unparralleled overrating considering the era that he is in. 

Go eat though