2018 Draft thread - PICK THE FASTEST GUY AVAILABLE

NightTrainLane

14 minutes ago, roi34 said:

I don't mind Vea at 14-18. but at 10 it's iffy for me. depends how board falls and offers that come in really.

Allen
Darnold
Rosen
Mayfield 
Barkley
Chubb
Ward 
Nelson

I'm confident these guys will all be off the board when we pick. The 49ers have similar needs to us and will get one of these guys

James

Fitz
Smith
Vea
Edmunds

Davenport

The more I look at it, I think we are in position for a great player to fall to us. With the Qbs ascending, pick #10 isn't looking as bad of a spot as it did a few months ago.

4 minutes ago, SilverNBlackFan said:

Allen
Darnold
Rosen
Mayfield 
Barkley
Chubb
Ward 
Nelson

I'm confident these guys will all be off the board when we pick. The 49ers have similar needs to us and will get one of these guys

James
Fitz
Smith
Vea
Edmunds

The more I look at it, I think we are in position for a great player to fall to us.

Yup, as it looks now any of those five guys you couldn't be too upset about being the selection for us. There is always the chance someone up top grabs one or two or someone lower falls in love with one or two but that leaves three other for us. Were in a good position to add a defensive stud or get a trade down.

4 hours ago, BABYLON 5 said:

A good video on Isaiah Oliver i will love him as a Raider but doubt he will be there in the 2nd round when we pick.In this video he compares him Nnamdi Asomugha And I kinda agree some what 

That’s why I mocked Olivier in 2nd , great spot for corner and this been a position of need for awhile... I hear Jaire likely to sneak into the 1st . Still think Jackson will be a late first... So Ward Jackson Alexander 1st...  I think one of Jackson, Hughes, Oliver will be there in the 2nd. All are high level prospects and the talent deeps a bit after them... 

1 hour ago, NightTrainLane said:

And I believe he will be because of his effect on the oline and defenders around him.

One could also argue that taking away the run game forces the offense to pass. Thereby making them a bit more predictable.

Still. I go back and forth on Vea. I like the idea of Hurst a lot but the heart condition scares me tbh. 

5 hours ago, BABYLON 5 said:

A good video on Isaiah Oliver i will love him as a Raider but doubt he will be there in the 2nd round when we pick.In this video he compares him Nnamdi Asomugha And I kinda agree some what 

I watched this earlier today and I like his skill set. With him Conley and Melvin we'd have 3 guys that have shown real talent as barrier corner. I want us to take a slot corner in the mid to late rds if we went this route. There are more than a few I like. Dawson, Stewart, Nelson, JC Jackson, Brown, Reed, Phillips and Wallace all have some skills in the slot that can be used to some level.

Archived