2018 Draft thread - PICK THE FASTEST GUY AVAILABLE

NightTrainLane

18 hours ago, CaliforniaKid7 said:

I wouldn’t fall in love with Minkah too much guys. Imo no chance he gets any where near our pick. Best DB in the draft bar none. I’d sprint to the podium if he’s there at 10. Just no way. 

same was said about Lattimore last year

1 hour ago, roi34 said:

I'm going to ask again. does Reggie draft his son?

I broached this awhile ago and many said you just take the best player regardless of it's your son or not. 

It was also said that the obvious outside pressure (nepatism, value and media scrutiny) will be there but part of being a professional ir blocking that stuff out.

I don't think he is a great prospect, mid to later rd pick IMO but part of me that thinks it would be cool for him o be a Raider if he is taken at the right time.

2 hours ago, roi34 said:

I'm going to ask again. does Reggie draft his son?

Lets strip away the family aspect of it and look at it that way. McKenzie is a former 5 star recruit who flashed with disruptive play in 2016 before injury. 2017 was a down year coming back and he finished the season quietly.

He has the skill set to develop and would be worth a mid-late round pick based on value. 

Interesting dynamic however. I wonder how scouts view him in the building and how that translates to his father. I'd like to hear those conversations.

https://247sports.com/nfl/oakland-raiders/Bolt/Report-Raiders-interview-CB-Brandon-Facyson-at-East-West-Game-113817394

Raiders general manager Reggie McKenzie held an interview with Virginia Tech cornerback Brandon Facyson on Monday afternoon.

Facyson is an interesting prospect, as he had an impressive eight passes defensed and five interceptions as a freshman in 11 games. Throughout his 51 games with the Hokies, he had 131 combined tackles, 39 passes defensed, nine tackles for loss, five interceptions and three forced fumbles. His 39 career passes defensed rank as the second-most in the ACC and seventh-most in all of NCAA since 2005, per Sports-Reference.com.

Might be time for someone to make a draft thread for 2018. The interviews are coming.

45 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

https://247sports.com/nfl/oakland-raiders/Bolt/Report-Raiders-interview-CB-Brandon-Facyson-at-East-West-Game-113817394

Might be time for someone to make a draft thread for 2018. The interviews are coming.

I hope the first question he asked Facyson was "tell me about Tremaine Edmunds." But really - Facyson has had some really uneven play at Tech. His Freshman season was outstanding, but he was frustrating a lot of times since then. He had a lot of opportunities to make plays that Freshman season, playing opposite a healthy Kendall Fuller. He does have good size and I'll be interested how he tests at the combine. 

“New Raiders DC Paul Guenther said, with his background as Div. III coach and LB, enjoys small-school, late-round or FA prospects at linebacker position. Comfortable mining for LBs late”.

Not that I expect Guenther to give away our draft philosophies, but interesting tidbit all the same. 

34 minutes ago, Dessie said:

“New Raiders DC Paul Guenther said, with his background as Div. III coach and LB, enjoys small-school, late-round or FA prospects at linebacker position. Comfortable mining for LBs late”.

Not that I expect Guenther to give away our draft philosophies, but interesting tidbit all the same. 

helps when you land a Burfict in the late rounds lol

Archived