2018 Draft thread - PICK THE FASTEST GUY AVAILABLE

NightTrainLane

13 minutes ago, SBXISBXVSBXVIII said:

With all the QB's that will go before our pick, is there a chance Chubb will be there at 9 or 10? There's always a chance and one can dream, right?

There is also a chance that someone will want to trade up for him or one of the QB.

I'm a big supporter of getting more high picks the deep group of prospects in the late 1st, 2nd and 3rd rd this year.

11 hours ago, Humble_Beast said:

I think Smith could be good but is undersized...  like someone else said, maybe if we had a great front 4 he would make sense. 

My quick mock draft

1. Browns- Barkely get a franchise changing player

2. Giants- Darnold- young qb to groom behind Eli

3. Colts-   Mike McGlinchey, Notre Dame OT  - fix the oline that hurt Luck

4. Browns- Rosen, Browns can't keep overlooking Qbs

5. Broncos-  Josh Allen or Baker Mayfield  - Elways get:s his blue chip player

6. Jets-  Lamar Jackson -  much needed excitement to the franchise

7. Bucs- Minkah Fitzgerald -  Bucs go BPA to help the defense

8.  Bears- Bradley Chubb- bears look to build up a bully defense

This is an extremely optimistic view of the top 8. I'd wager no more than 3 quarterbacks go in the top 10. McGlinchey is also a bit of a stretch based on how he played in 2017.

8 minutes ago, Rich7sena said:

This is an extremely optimistic view of the top 8. I'd wager no more than 3 quarterbacks go in the top 10. McGlinchey is also a bit of a stretch based on how he played in 2017.

And Quenton Nelson is likely going to be taken in the top 8 picks. He's seen by many as the best overall player in the draft. 

2 hours ago, SBXISBXVSBXVIII said:

With all the QB's that will go before our pick, is there a chance Chubb will be there at 9 or 10? There's always a chance and one can dream, right?

The Gruden effect will be interesting if he is indeed the coach....you know he will have his hands all over the draft. If Reggie remains he will mostly likely be playing second fiddle to JG, so this will be far from a typical Reggie draft.

If Bradley Chubb or Saquan Barkley are there, is it possible we can trade up? If Gruden falls in love with a player, as he often tends to do when he was on air, I don't think it's out of the realm of possibility. Will be interesting to see how he views this team if we are a team who can afford to mortgage future picks to go get one of the blue chippers..

36 minutes ago, badmoon8081 said:

This coin flip for pick #9 looks huge. Almost every early mock I see has Saquan Barkley picked by the 49ers at 9. He’s the best player in the draft and I will loose my mind if we miss on a guy like that because of a coin flip. 

Yes.

And then having to see him run for the niners.

Just pull the plug doc.

1 hour ago, badmoon8081 said:

This coin flip for pick #9 looks huge. Almost every early mock I see has Saquan Barkley picked by the 49ers at 9. He’s the best player in the draft and I will loose my mind if we miss on a guy like that because of a coin flip. 

I don't think there is any chance he slips to #9 tbh. No doubt he is the best player in the draft. I would cry tears of joy if we got a RB of his caliber. 

4 hours ago, badmoon8081 said:

What mocks are you looking at?

Was over on OTC and they are currently projecting that we get 4 6th rd compensatory picks this year.

That is great for a guy like Reggie and his staff that does well in the later rounds. It also gives us ammo and fallback picks in case we wanna move up for someone.

Can we just skip ahead to FA already. F the playoffs haha.

If we do end up taking a receiver (cutting Crabtree/Roberts), I know some people may be averse to receivers in the top 10, especially because there are some stellar prospects, but good god Equanimeous St. Brown is the truth. I'm watching this guy and I see AJ Green. If we trade down, it sounds crazy, but I think he's a steal as a mid 1st rounder.

Edit: for a lot of guys, I haven't watched multiple games yet, but i can't help but be sold on this guy. 

13 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

If we do end up taking a receiver (cutting Crabtree/Roberts), I know some people may be averse to receivers in the top 10, especially because there are some stellar prospects, but good god Equanimeous St. Brown is the truth. I'm watching this guy and I see AJ Green. If we trade down, it sounds crazy, but I think he's a steal as a mid 1st rounder.

Edit: for a lot of guys, I haven't watched multiple games yet, but i can't help but be sold on this guy. 

And when you say some people, you really mean Frankie

14 hours ago, Rich7sena said:

I see Rosen Darnold Mayfield as locks for top ten

Josh Allen and Lamar Jackson could work their way up there with great offseasons... Alot of teams in top ten need QBS

Archived