2018 Draft thread - PICK THE FASTEST GUY AVAILABLE

NightTrainLane

9 hours ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Ive been coaching hs football man first year as hc but im back now kinda lol.

how do you think barkley compares to kamara?

whos your #2 and #3 rb behind barkley?

Barkely is a once in a generation talent. Complete package, he's quick and explosive in the hole, has breakaway speed. Terrific balance and vision. Runs with power and can make defenders miss.

I've got to take a deeper look, but I'd go Love, Chubb, Guise in that order. Michel I struggle with because I'm a UGA homer and let that cloud judgment. 

Later rounds Penny and Freeman are studs one cut and get down hill runners you can win with. 

14 hours ago, Humble_Beast said:

my way too early mock draft

1. Arden Key-  Screw it, draft a edge pass rusher to pair with Mack. Would really make offensive cordinators scared of Mack, Irvin, and Key

I'd be very disappointed with Key in round 1. Not only are there legitimate questions about his commitment to play football, but he has not progressed at all as a player since his freshman year and has regressed athletically.

Honestly, no matter what round Key is taken, I think he has a good chance to bust.

10 hours ago, Rich7sena said:

I'd be very disappointed with Key in round 1. Not only are there legitimate questions about his commitment to play football, but he has not progressed at all as a player since his freshman year and has regressed athletically.

Honestly, no matter what round Key is taken, I think he has a good chance to bust.

Crazy.... Key is freak athlete , great length, great size, and IS A BALLER!  Lsu misused him, and as a linebacker when he is special at one thing. Giving QBs nightmares, so I would pair Key and Mack and could make our defense scary

6 hours ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Is Vea worth 9/10? He seems like he's really really good from what I've watched. Will he even be there with a big combine? 

As far as 9/10, it could be a tempting spot to trade down into the teens if a team wants a QB very bad.

I'm ok with trade down aslong as we get good draft pick load back. not that weak trade back years back. lol

2 hours ago, roi34 said:

I'm ok with trade down aslong as we get good draft pick load back. not that weak trade back years back. lol

Im all about the trade down this year, even tho the trade down in 2013 was fair value when looking at other trades in that range.

I want as many picks in the top 100 as we can get this year.

16 minutes ago, NightTrainLane said:

Im all about the trade down this year, even tho the trade down in 2013 was fair value when looking at other trades in that range.

I want as many picks in the top 100 as we can get this year.

agreed unless a Chubb falls or someone they fall in love with is there. if you can grab another 2nd or 3rd that can hit on your need of a CB and RB or WR early in draft while still getting a DL or LB im first.

6 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

We all know Barkley is one of the better RBs to come out in a decade and can do everything. How do Chubb and Guice compare to previous draft classes? Are either of them close/better than other top prospects coming out?

I'd say Chubb is a better version of Derek Barnett (or Cliff Avril at his best). But for now i see no scenario he could be there at 9/10. BUCS can't let him go.
I think Guice would have been 5 in last year class (and it would have been a mistake as Kamara and Hunt did exceed expectations). I have for now an hard time projecting him on next year class..

19 minutes ago, zappa13004 said:

I'd say Chubb is a better version of Derek Barnett (or Cliff Avril at his best). But for now i see no scenario he could be there at 9/10. BUCS can't let him go.
I think Guice would have been 5 in last year class (and it would have been a mistake as Kamara and Hunt did exceed expectations). I have for now an hard time projecting him on next year class..

I mean't Nick Chubb, but all good! ;)

2 hours ago, RaidersAreOne said:

We all know Barkley is one of the better RBs to come out in a decade and can do everything. How do Chubb and Guice compare to previous draft classes? Are either of them close/better than other top prospects coming out?

I would have had Guice probably around 3-5. Mixon and Cook were my definite 1-2. He would have been in the same tier as Fournette and McCaffrey.

Chubb would have been in the tier after that with Mack and Kamara and probably behind them both.

Archived