2018 Draft thread - PICK THE FASTEST GUY AVAILABLE

NightTrainLane

On 1/5/2018 at 4:56 AM, big_palooka said:

Barkely is a once in a generation talent. Complete package, he's quick and explosive in the hole, has breakaway speed. Terrific balance and vision. Runs with power and can make defenders miss.

I've got to take a deeper look, but I'd go Love, Chubb, Guise in that order. Michel I struggle with because I'm a UGA homer and let that cloud judgment. 

Later rounds Penny and Freeman are studs one cut and get down hill runners you can win with. 

As a stanford homer im a love fan he reminds me of kaufman but better between the tackles i wonder if his frame can hold up in the nfl and he hasnt had a lot of catches in the passing game.

chubb idk cant figure out if he's more like dalvin cook or todd girley and i actuall think michel is better than chubb and michel compares to kamara imo

guice i have to watch more

after barkley right now love then michel

1 hour ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

As a stanford homer im a love fan he reminds me of kaufman but better between the tackles i wonder if his frame can hold up in the nfl and he hasnt had a lot of catches in the passing game.

chubb idk cant figure out if he's more like dalvin cook or todd girley and i actuall think michel is better than chubb and michel compares to kamara imo

I have been doubting Love all season long because of his size and he has been proving me wrong all season.

That said we all know it takes one hit to lay up these lighter guys with a collar bone or shoulder injury in the NFL.

I thonght it happened in his bowl game when he came off the field hanging his shoulder but it was his thumb.

44 minutes ago, NightTrainLane said:

I have been doubting Love all season long because of his size and he has been proving me wrong all season.

That said we all know it takes one hit to lay up these lighter guys with a collar bone or shoulder injury in the NFL.

I thonght it happened in his bowl game when he came off the field hanging his shoulder but it was his thumb.

It’s okay to still doubt.  

Not only do I think he’s not big enough to have sustained success as a feature back in the NFL, I don’t think he has a lot of the desirable skills for the position even at his size. He’s a burner, but I don’t see the lateral agility and experience in the passing game for him to be on my radar during the first couple rounds. Of the smaller guys, I might like Walton and Gaskin more.

5 hours ago, roi34 said:

Sony > Chubb

This is rubbish. It's this jumping on the hype train post Rose Bowl with everyone else, or do you actual want to give some context?

Both are great. Chubb was on the same level as Gurley prior to his knee injury and compares to Frank Gore at the next level. Michel has excellent balance and speed bulked up this past offseason and has elevated his status. I'd put him in the Kareem Hunt mold. 

Chubb is the superior back with more tools. 

4 hours ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

i actuall think michel is better than chubb and michel compares to kamara imo

He's more Kareem Hunt. Kamara is/was on a different level. And as I said above, Chubb is the superior back. Michel will be better in some systems than others. Chubb is more powerful. 

3 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

This is rubbish. It's this jumping on the hype train post Rose Bowl with everyone else, or do you actual want to give some context?

Both are great. Chubb was on the same level as Gurley prior to his knee injury and compares to Frank Gore at the next level. Michel has excellent balance and speed bulked up this past offseason and has elevated his status. I'd put him in the Kareem Hunt mold. 

Chubb is the superior back with more tools. 

no I stated this before rose bowl. Chubb is solid too not taking away from him. But.. pro wise i like sony he had smoother movement and hands for me. Both solid though. just my personal opinion but I'd have to watch his pass protect more. 

1 hour ago, big_palooka said:

He's more Kareem Hunt. Kamara is/was on a different level. And as I said above, Chubb is the superior back. Michel will be better in some systems than others. Chubb is more powerful. 

You're acting like Hunt, this year's rushing title winner, isn't on Kamara's level. I also have Michel ahead of Chubb. Michel has looser hips, more lateral ability, and I like him better as a receiver. He also is a bit faster in the long game. Athletically, I expect Michel to test similarly to Kamara except with a faster 40.

6 hours ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

It's Guice for me aka  The Juice. 2nd best RB in the draft.

5 minutes ago, raidr4life said:

It's Guice for me aka  The Juice. 2nd best RB in the draft.

I really like Guice too. I've been watching a lot of Guice lately and when I compare his games from 2017 to 2016, it's clear his "nagging injury" slowed him down quite a bit this year. In 2016, he had great foot quickness compared to only average foot quickness in 2017. I've compared him to Ezekiel Elliott in the past, but I think Jay Ajayi might be a better comp. He's very strong and he rarely goes down on first contact.

7 hours ago, Rich7sena said:

I really like Guice too. I've been watching a lot of Guice lately and when I compare his games from 2017 to 2016, it's clear his "nagging injury" slowed him down quite a bit this year. In 2016, he had great foot quickness compared to only average foot quickness in 2017. I've compared him to Ezekiel Elliott in the past, but I think Jay Ajayi might be a better comp. He's very strong and he rarely goes down on first contact.

reminds me of edger james

9 hours ago, big_palooka said:

chubb the rb reminds me of doug martin. Uga is pushing out some good rb's. reminds me of that draft with the 2 auburn rbs cadillac williams and the other guy. I think sony got stuck on a deep rb uga roster i think his skill set translates well in the nfl. But chubb has the weight to handle 250+ carries a year. i was always more of a sony fan over the years but both did well filling in for injured rbs

Archived