2018 Draft thread - PICK THE FASTEST GUY AVAILABLE

NightTrainLane

Post combine mock from Fanspeak:

10: R1P10  To good to pass up.  Best five on the line.
QUENTON NELSON
41: R2P9 Normally want a day one starter in the 2nd but we have options now and a future. 
OT TYRELL CROSBY
75: R3P11 He is no Vea but can have a similar impact.
DL TIM SETTLE
110: R4P10 Should go sooner but torn labrum knocks him down to the 4th.
EDGE DUKE EJIOFOR
185: R6P11 The talk of the combine and slid to the 6th.  Will be gone already.
LB SHAQUEM GRIFFIN
192: R6P18  Physically great but his game needs to mature.
CB TONY BROWN
210: R6P36 Came out to early but worth the stash with 6 6th rounders.
EDGE JOJO WICKER
212: R6P38 Just heard we want to get more athletic at TE.  Under sized but a good route runner.
TE AUSTIN ROBERTS 
216: R6P42 What Gruden wants Gruden gets.  Here's your hammer Chucky.
FB DIMITRI FLOWERS
217: R6P43 #2 back with potential.  If Lynch is cut the position will be addressed earlier.
RB ITO SMITH
228: R7P10 7th round kick returner with deep ball ability.
WR BYRON PRINGLE

10 hours ago, NightTrainLane said:

I don't necessarily agree that he profiles as a NT or that he could have a bigger impact there. The later depends on the line around him in my opinion. If you have a guy like Chris Baker, Bennie Logan or even Vanderdoes may be better at NT (depending on if he is playing heavy or light, weight wise). But if your other DT is Clint McDonald or Mario then yes, he'd be more effective as the teams NT.

Vanderdoes at NT?

He struggled VS the run his hole rookie season IMO...

10 hours ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Jaire Alexander with a 4.38 40, 35 vertical, 6.7 3 cone... Just wow. People are sleeping on him big time. And his on the field play>> his combine.

He's CB2 for me after Ftiz. I love his game. He's mentally what you want a CB to be and has the skill set to back it up.

4 hours ago, drfrey13 said:

DL TIM SETTLE

Here is a guy I have no interest in. Watching him stumble around in bag drills at the combine backed up what you saw on game day. He couldn't stay off the ground. So many other DL I'd rank before him.

wasn't too impressed with Josh Jackson's on field work outs, seemed lazy in his back peddle and had to restart a couple drills. May be nit picking but I didn't like what I saw. Admittedly, haven't seen much of his game tape, and hes a bigger corner, so he isn't going to look as good in underwear as the shiftier guys. just my .02

23 minutes ago, Geezy said:

wasn't too impressed with Josh Jackson's on field work outs, seemed lazy in his back peddle and had to restart a couple drills. May be nit picking but I didn't like what I saw. Admittedly, haven't seen much of his game tape, and hes a bigger corner, so he isn't going to look as good in underwear as the shiftier guys. just my .02

Yup way to tall in the back peddling but the game tape is pretty good tho

7 hours ago, big_palooka said:

Here is a guy I have no interest in. Watching him stumble around in bag drills at the combine backed up what you saw on game day. He couldn't stay off the ground. So many other DL I'd rank before him.

Yeah, I see mocks that have him as high as the 2nd round and I think that is crazy. He is talented but his balance and awareness are very raw. Those are thing that can be corrected with a good nfl development but he is 4th to 6th rd player right now to me. I like his size, athleticism, hand use and motor tho so he is a guy that I can see getting better every year along as he stays healthy. He reminds me of Hestor in that respect. Both are skilled but need development in a few areas to make them real starters.

10 hours ago, Rolni said:

Vanderdoes at NT?

He struggled VS the run his hole rookie season IMO...

Yeah, I think that Vanderdoes struggles where play speed, which I attribute to him not being in 100% football shape because of missing a lot of time in the offseason, and his need to get stronger. Both of these issues could have been corrected or at least put on the correct path to progression by a healthy offseason that is a few years past the knee injury. Unfortunately he got hurt again so we won't find out if he has really improved for 2 years in my opinion. But if he has a miracle recovery, I think the skills that he has plus the development of his body will really make him a good run defender. He is good laterally, meaning 2 gapping, using his hands to keep olinemen off him and holding his ground. He has to get stronger but you can see the play style and frame that can support that and excel once it's all put together.

On ‎05‎/‎03‎/‎2018 at 5:57 AM, BigD1123 said:

I think the best player to help our defense IF he falls to us is Vea. Even Ray Lewis had an improvement in his play when he had a good dt keeping him clean to make plays. Resign Bowman and draft Vea. I think our D improves dramatically. That being said he is my 4th to 5th favorite player in the top of the draft.

I think of R Smith and V Vea, having a dominant DT makes us better in 2018 - however, Smith might be the better pick in the longer term (i.e. when we can get a dominant DT in front of Smith) - to be honest I am happy with either.

Just saw Daniel Jeremiah mock draft 2.0 he have us picking Jaire Alexander at 10 smh I like dude but not at 10.Thats the only thing I hate about the combine hype,soon as someone runs a fast 40 they push them up the draft broad.To tell you the truth I don't think I would touch him in the first round well maybe in a trade back 

1 hour ago, BABYLON 5 said:

Just saw Daniel Jeremiah mock draft 2.0 he have us picking Jaire Alexander at 10 smh I like dude but not at 10.Thats the only thing I hate about the combine hype,soon as someone runs a fast 40 they push them up the draft broad.To tell you the truth I don't think I would touch him in the first round well maybe in a trade back 

They think Al Davis is still making the picks.

Archived