2018 Draft thread - PICK THE FASTEST GUY AVAILABLE

NightTrainLane

1 hour ago, Humble_Beast said:

Should have landed Campbell last year... but that’s on old mock. I’ll rather draft a first round DT with hopes he becomes all pro.. invest in trenches :) 

Majority here thought he was the missing piece to the pass rush atleast. However how was Oakland supposed to compete with that offer he got from Jacksonville?

2 hours ago, SimonGruber said:

Majority here thought he was the missing piece to the pass rush atleast. However how was Oakland supposed to compete with that offer he got from Jacksonville?

True... I wanted suh and Campbell but they went to Florida teams with no taxes.. nothing you can really do.. just have to make a couple savvy free agent pickups like bowman...

Vea would be my top choice right now but i expect him to go top 10 as long as he doesnt bomb his offseason. He reminds me alot of Star Lotulelei.

TBH, we need more talent on the d-line, period. Up until Pagano took over, Irvin wasn't generating much heat. And we suck against the run and Jelly is a free agent too. No more developmental lineman. Id like to see us add an impact DT and a situational passrusher in the draft.

LB looks like the best spot to find a starter in free agency without breaking the bank cuz DL and CBs always command major coin in FA. As i said before, id be ecstatic with one of Bradham or Kendricks and using the draft after that. Id also like to see us sign a cheap, versatile veteran S as well like Tavon Wilson, Corey Graham, Bradley McDougal, or Nate Allen. Someone who can help mentor our youngsters and provide a little stability if an injury occurs.

19 minutes ago, riceman80 said:

Vea would be my top choice right now but i expect him to go top 10 as long as he doesnt bomb his offseason. He reminds me alot of Star Lotulelei.

TBH, we need more talent on the d-line, period. Up until Pagano took over, Irvin wasn't generating much heat. And we suck against the run and Jelly is a free agent too. No more developmental lineman. Id like to see us add an impact DT and a situational passrusher in the draft.

He's a better prospect than Star, in my opinion. My pro comp for him is Damon Harrison; a nose tackle with pass rush potential. I haven't seen an interior lineman with his strength since Suh.

2 hours ago, riceman80 said:

LB looks like the best spot to find a starter in free agency without breaking the bank cuz DL and CBs always command major coin in FA. As i said before, id be ecstatic with one of Bradham or Kendricks and using the draft after that. Id also like to see us sign a cheap, versatile veteran S as well like Tavon Wilson, Corey Graham, Bradley McDougal, or Nate Allen. Someone who can help mentor our youngsters and provide a little stability if an injury occurs.

This +1..... plus give me a cornerback or two. I’m ready to clean house at that position 

r1 - DT 

r2- Edge Rusher 

r3- cb 

free agency vet lber and vet safety that still has some range cut Amerson and smith and add a vet corner that is an upgrade 

18 hours ago, Rich7sena said:

I'm not a fan of either in the first round. I value strength and sturdiness first for top end DTs (then I look for agility, hand use, etc.) and I don't see it with Payne or Wilkins.

Hurst, Vea, and maybe Florida's Bryan are the 3 players I'd consider in the first this year, so far. Hurst, though undersized, consistently beats double teams at the college level with elite strength, technique, and surprising bend. Vea is easily the strongest DT in this year's class with an incredibly sturdy frame. I'm not sure what he can offer as a pass rusher right away, but he has Brandon Williams level potential against the run. Bryan is the least "polished" of the three but may have the most potential as a pass rusher. He's very strong despite being almost built like a defensive end.

Id be okay with Hurst as he is disruptive but Wilkins is too and he is bigger. I really like Vea but i think he is more of a 2 downs players and even if im fine with it in the 1st because he is very good (and BIG), i think his duo with Vanderdoes would not be the most complementary duo, id prefer next to him a DT with more pass rush skills means Wilkins (or Hurst). Taven Bryan, yes, but you wrote it, he is built like a big DE. From that 4 good players, my fav would be Wilkins.

1 hour ago, zappa13004 said:

Id be okay with Hurst as he is disruptive but Wilkins is too and he is bigger. I really like Vea but i think he is more of a 2 downs players and even if im fine with it in the 1st because he is very good (and BIG), i think his duo with Vanderdoes would not be the most complementary duo, id prefer next to him a DT with more pass rush skills means Wilkins (or Hurst). Taven Bryan, yes, but you wrote it, he is built like a big DE. From that 4 good players, my fav would be Wilkins.

Wilkins isn't strong enough to play on every down. He's agile for his size but he doesn't have the stoutness needed to live on the inside. Clemson put up at end quite a bit and it seems he much prefers to avoid getting blocked than take them on. He's going to be a big liability against the run if he doesn't learn how to take on blocks like a real every down DT.

4 minutes ago, Rich7sena said:

Wilkins isn't strong enough to play on every down. He's agile for his size but he doesn't have the stoutness needed to live on the inside. Clemson put up at end quite a bit and it seems he much prefers to avoid getting blocked than take them on. He's going to be a big liability against the run if he doesn't learn how to take on blocks like a real every down DT.

I watched some of Michigan this season and i cant wait to see Hurst at the Senior Bowl. I mean if he steals the show like Aaron Donald did few years ago he could worth a 10-12 pick which could be the position the team will pick.

1 hour ago, zappa13004 said:

I watched some of Michigan this season and i cant wait to see Hurst at the Senior Bowl. I mean if he steals the show like Aaron Donald did few years ago he could worth a 10-12 pick which could be the position the team will pick.

Hurst should do great in one-on-ones as he rarely faced single blocks in college. I don't think he'll test as well as Donald so I think he'll be within the Raiders' range even if he shows out. He;ll end up being a top 10 player for me, though.

http://www.tankathon.com/nfl

Currently at draft spot number 12....Draft pick can range 8-20 depending where we pick

Blue Chip Players who probably be of interest to the Raiders

Shaquon Barkley RB

Bryce Love RB

Nick Chubb RB

Calvin Ridley WR

Courtland Sutton WR

Arden Tate WR

Christian Kirk WR

Parris Campbell WR

Simmie Cobbes WR

Equanimeous St. Brown WR

Brian O'Neil OT

Desmond Harrison OT

Orlando Brown OT

Mike McGlinchey OT

Arden Key DE

Bradley Chubb DE

Clelin Ferrell DE

Austin Bryant DE

Harold Landry DE/OLB

Dorance Armstrong Jr. OLB/DE

Vita Vea DT

Christian Wilkins DT

Da'Ron Payne DT

Taven Bryan DT

Maurice Hurst DT

Dre'Mont Jones DT

Trenton Thompson DT

Roquon Smith LB

Josh Allen LB

Tremaine Edmunds LB

Rashaan Evans LB

Denzel Ward CB

Donte Jackson CB

Jaire Alexander CB

Joshua Jackson CB

Isiah Oliver CB

Michael Hughes CB

Derwin James S

Minkah Fitzpatrick S

corners who are good system fits on day 2. big press corners

Kevin Tolliver CB

Tony Brown CB

Iman Marshall CB

Adonis Alexander CB

Tarvarus McFadden CB

Ken Webster CB

Carlton Davis CB

On 12/13/2017 at 2:31 PM, SimonGruber said:

I've wondered how they were so bad for so long with virtually unlimited resources.  Owner with big money.  Location that offers nice weather and low tax.  Constant top 10 picks.  They were basically the Florida Browns.

6 hours ago, Silver&Black88 said:

I've wondered how they were so bad for so long with virtually unlimited resources.  Owner with big money.  Location that offers nice weather and low tax.  Constant top 10 picks.  They were basically the Florida Browns.

Think about how many picks they have bricked That they didn’t have to resign to big deals. Luke Joekel , Tyson Alualu , Justin Blackmon, Andre Branch, Jonathan Cyprien. If I’m not mistaken they are still top 10 in cap room going into next year 

2 minutes ago, SimonGruber said:

Think about how many picks they have bricked That they didn’t have to resign to big deals. Luke Joekel , Tyson Alualu , Justin Blackmon, Andre Branch, Jonathan Cyprien. If I’m not mistaken they are still top 10 in cap room going into next year 

I was looking at this last week when checking Colvin(he is a FA) salary history. This year they have 35 mil in caps space for 3rd place but next year (2018) they fall to 19th place.

Archived