2018 Draft thread - PICK THE FASTEST GUY AVAILABLE

NightTrainLane

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/13RgfxMu4CW0NKMZebZ88cgg7b7MlszjfzXxEeId7Y34/edit?usp=sharing

My 2018 NFL Draft Database. 

Over 1,000 players. Player name links to college player page. Height/Weight links to NFLDraftScout prospect page. Report links to my Word Document background and eventual evaluation. 

If you have questions/additions/suggestions/etc PM me.

Thanks!

• 4 weeks later...
On 9/23/2017 at 4:51 PM, SilverNBlackFan said:

Bradley Chubb DE from NC State was a man amongst boys out there today vs Florida St. We probably will have no shot at him as he's probably a top ten pick.

But DE/OLB is a position I'm looking at, as we desperately need another pass rushing threat opposite Mack.

I’m on team Pass rusher assuming the right guy is there. OT Would he nice as well

56 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

Which positions would you guys draft in the first 3 rounds? 

1) LT

2) DT or Edge Rusher- could use another stud dlineman

3) Corner - Smith likely gone, Amerson could be upgraded 

????  

I'm all for BPA. I do think OT is one of our biggest needs though. 

Penn is old, and if he regresses or gets hurt we would be screwed.. I agree bpa is always nice, but you have to factor a lot more into that... wouldn't make sense to spend 1st round picks on wideouts 3 years in a row like Matt Mullen did back in the day. "But it was bpa!"- Millen

1 hour ago, Humble_Beast said:

Penn is old, and if he regresses or gets hurt we would be screwed.. I agree bpa is always nice, but you have to factor a lot more into that... wouldn't make sense to spend 1st round picks on wideouts 3 years in a row like Matt Mullen did back in the day. "But it was bpa!"- Millen

Absolutely. You follow your board, but your board has wiggle room. If you just picked 2 WR's in rounds 1 and 2, and your BPA at pick 72 is another WR, and your 73rd or 74th ranked player is a LT and you have a need, go get that guy. Realistically draft boards aren't always as plain as 1-300, they're in a kind of tiered system also.  

1 hour ago, NickButera said:

Absolutely. You follow your board, but your board has wiggle room. If you just picked 2 WR's in rounds 1 and 2, and your BPA at pick 72 is another WR, and your 73rd or 74th ranked player is a LT and you have a need, go get that guy. Realistically draft boards aren't always as plain as 1-300, they're in a kind of tiered system also.  

I think most of our starters are set for 2018. Draft will be about long term starters.. only starting spots I see opening 

Offense: Carr , Lynch, Cooper, Crabs, Cook, Penn, KO, Hudson, Jackson, RT open 

defense: Mack, Edwards, Vanderdoes, DT open, 

Irvin, Bowman, James, Conley, Amerson, Obi, Joseph.... 

just a few openings.. could maybe upgrade anderson and maybe younger with Bowman 

On 10/24/2017 at 4:04 PM, Humble_Beast said:

I hope the BPA is an OT. I just don't wanna reach for one though. 

On 9/18/2017 at 5:01 AM, big_palooka said:

OT will be the key spot this offseason. They need an heir to Penn at LT to keep Carr clean.

LB is obvious. WR will be interesting to look at as Crabtree is now 30. Edge when Bruce is eventually cut loose.

Mike McGlinchey? The Notre Dame offensive line has been stellar every game this season, and McGlinchey has been a main reason why. If he's there when we pick, I can't think of a good reason to pass him by.

9 hours ago, IdigtheRaiders! said:

Mike McGlinchey? The Notre Dame offensive line has been stellar every game this season, and McGlinchey has been a main reason why. If he's there when we pick, I can't think of a good reason to pass him by.

Love McGlinchey. Has all you want. Size, speed, strength. Good against the pass and run. Best part for me is experience. I like LTs who've had a good number of starts in college. 

If we are picking in the top ten (pause to turn my head and spit), then the only player I want is Malik Jefferson. He is a true difference maker in the middle of your defense that can do it all and is in a position of need for us. There is talent at LT in the 2nd and 3rd rds that is starter level IMO.

58 minutes ago, NightTrainLane said:

If we are picking in the top ten (pause to turn my head and spit), then the only player I want is Malik Jefferson. He is a true difference maker in the middle of your defense that can do it all and is in a position of need for us. There is talent at LT in the 2nd and 3rd rds that is starter level IMO.

You will now forever be known as Mr. 5000

7 hours ago, NightTrainLane said:

Has he been playing to a top 10 level? I haven't heard much from him since his freshman year.

4 hours ago, Rich7sena said:

Has he been playing to a top 10 level? I haven't heard much from him since his freshman year.

He has been playing well. It's too early to tell if it's well enough to be top ten. You should look into him as his stats and highlights are readily available if your interested.

Archived