Jaguars fire OC John DeFlippo

.Buzz

5 minutes ago, DeJack_10 said:

I'm expecting him to AT LEAST be looked at for our open OC position by us. Played a key role in Carson's development, and with Pederson calling most of the plays, a reunion sounds tempting.

I think he had some back channels there. I'd expect him to get that spot.

I just do not see why Jaguars would fire him. Who is going to say I am willing to come in and accept a job to not make play calls since Marrone has final say and then run the risk of possibly being canned next year because both the GM and HC are on the hot seat. If anything this hurts them with the development of Minshew. Defillipo should go back to Philly to help build up wentz again and get his credit back

Interesting that Marrone has no accountability but Coughlin and Flip do.

Who thought getting 2800 yards and 19 TDs out of WRs Chark, Cole, Westbrook, and Conley mostly with a rookie QB meant you were doing a bad job?

Their top 4 had about 2050 yards and 9 TDs in 2018.

Maybe he failed to coach up about the worst group of pass catching TEs in the league?

Maybe Fournette going from 3.3 a carry to 4.3 a carry was not improvement?

Coaching is a rough line of work.

Edited by SkippyX
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, SkippyX said:

Interesting that Marrone has no accountability but Coughlin and Flip do.

Who thought getting 2800 yards and 19 TDs out of WRs Chark, Cole, Westbrook, and Conley mostly with a rookie QB meant you were doing a bad job?

Their top 4 had about 2050 yards and 9 TDs in 2018.

Maybe he failed to coach up about the worst group of pass catching TEs in the league?

Maybe Fournette going from 3.3 a carry to 4.3 a carry was not improvement?

Coaching is a rough line of work.

It was a mutual agreement. Flip was well known to be a guy Coughlin wanted to be brought in due to us gunning for Foles last FA period. Marrone has expressed Minshew is his guy, Flip probably doesn't agree, and now we're here.

Definitely best to do nothing but look at stats and come to conclusions. 

1 minute ago, .Buzz said:

It was a mutual agreement. Flip was well known to be a guy Coughlin wanted to be brought in due to us gunning for Foles last FA period. Marrone has expressed Minshew is his guy, Flip probably doesn't agree, and now we're here.

Definitely best to do nothing but look at stats and come to conclusions. 

5-11 followed by 6-10. Probably best to move on from a bad head coach... or blame everyone else.

The thing about people who cry about stats is they never have anything else to back up their point of view.

Prove me wrong and expound upon how the offense was so much better in 2018. I'd love to hear it from such a wise expert of football as yourself.

You can also talk up the incredible talent the Jags had at the skill positions and how Flip was not supporting them in his role.

I can't wait to hear how the lack of sustaining drives was the real reason the D gave up 130 or more rushing yards in 7 games (1-6)

• 200+ rushing yards allowed 4 times

16 minutes ago, SkippyX said:

5-11 followed by 6-10. Probably best to move on from a bad head coach... or blame everyone else.

The thing about people who cry about stats is they never have anything else to back up their point of view.

Prove me wrong and expound upon how the offense was so much better in 2018. I'd love to hear it from such a wise expert of football as yourself.

You can also talk up the incredible talent the Jags had at the skill positions and how Flip was not supporting them in his role.

I can't wait to hear how the lack of sustaining drives was the real reason the D gave up 130 or more rushing yards in 7 games (1-6)

• 200+ rushing yards allowed 4 times

As per usual, you keep going on and on about something that has nothing to do with the post.

This was a COUGHLIN hire last year because we wanted to ATTRACT FOLES to come to JAX. We wanted to set up FOLES with the best chance to succeed, he was awful, and Marrone loves Minshew who is probably the starter going into next year. Flip likely disagreed, hence the "mutual agreement to part ways")...this isn't hard.

This has nothing to do with stats/production or whether or not Marrone should have been hired or fired. Think most fans in JAX was ready to move on (even though this has more to do with Coughlin and the incompetence in the FO than Marrone), but he's staying and I'm going to support him until he's not. 

No one's crying about stats. No one's arguing he had a great set of talent on offense. But you do nothing but argue with bulk stats to try to prove arguments. The guy has gotten fired in 1 season by 3 different teams now...something clearly is wrong there. 

But go ahead and keep talking in circles about how many yards and TDs he brought. He also finished 31st in the NFL in the redzone and had no idea what the hell he was doing once he got to the opposing teams 20.

Edited by .Buzz

Here is the thing you don't get. This is not a Jags fan forum.

We don't care about your feelings or your expert insider information when it is spat at us like we are evil for not watching Jags press conferences.

Flip had a job. He lost that job and I was talking about the performance of that job in relation to the talent around him.

Its great that you added the detail about this being a mutual parting of the ways but your smug instant-attack attitude about everything Jags adds nothing to the conversation.

2 hours ago, SkippyX said:

Here is the thing you don't get. This is not a Jags fan forum.

We don't care about your feelings or your expert insider information when it is spat at us like we are evil for not watching Jags press conferences.

Flip had a job. He lost that job and I was talking about the performance of that job in relation to the talent around him.

Its great that you added the detail about this being a mutual parting of the ways but your smug instant-attack attitude about everything Jags adds nothing to the conversation.

I came in here perfectly fine and explained the situation. Then you went off on a tirade telling me how I needed to explain myself.

Wasn't under an instant attack mode, unless you're talking about me saying that you using bulk yards/TD stats is a bad argument.