Jaguars moving on from OC John DeFilippo

RaidersAreOne

22 minutes ago, topwop1 said:

I think he will end up back in Philly as well but if not then I like him as a fit for OC in Chicago.

Nagy will be calling plays regardless of who is hired as OC for Bears so I'm not worried about Flip not being capable in that department.

What I do like is his work as the QB coach  with Wentz/Foles in the year they won the SB.

Wentz has raved about him so if he could have a similar role working with the QBs in Chicago then I'd be all for it.

John DeFilippo Resumé:

As OC: Terrible, Awful, No-Good Very Bad Playcalling with constant overcompensation and a lack of balance.

As QB Coach: Great 2017 run from Carson Wentz and Nick Foles - with clear regression following his exit and glowing reviews from both players.

Kirk Cousins was still arguably a top-10 QB with Flip in MIN

Gardner Minshew was a huge surprise that nobody expected under Flip's watch.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, HoboRocket said:

John DeFilippo Resumé:

As OC: Terrible, Awful, No-Good Very Bad Playcalling with constant overcompensation and a lack of balance.

As QB Coach: Great 2017 run from Carson Wentz and Nick Foles - with clear regression following his exit and glowing reviews from both players.

Kirk Cousins was still arguably a top-10 QB with Flip in MIN

Gardner Minshew was a huge surprise that nobody expected under Flip's watch.

This is what I mean, as a play caller no thanks, but as a guy hired to be "OC" but who works exclusively with the QBs, RBs and WRs while the HC calls the plays, I'm good with Flip.

I'm perfectly content with Flip coming back to Philly given his relationship with Wentz, Doug and Howie! He won't be calling plays like a Typical OC either, that's Doug. 

While I believe Doug is looking to add a New Face with a different perspective and new ideas to the Offense , I'm not sure he thought JF would be available. 

Would speak volumes though if he's not interviewed though?

• Like 1