Jay Gruden to The Vikings?

Doc Draper

Jay to Vikings as OC?   

3 members have voted

1. 1. Is there a reunion in The Land of Vikings?

• Yes
    • No

17 hours ago, turtle28 said:

It's not going to happen even If Jay would go there, but how hilariously sad would it be to see Kirk & Jay win a Super Bowl together In Minny?

Not sad.

It's funny to me to see factions developing, or possibly developing, post-Redskins. McVay and O'Connell... Kirk and possibly Jay. The Shanahan's despise Snyder. These are folks that have been, or will be, successful outside of this God-awful culture. 

Culture... you can't quantify it... it's perception-driven... perceptions of various facets of an organization. Yet we all know it's important. Kind of like character/personality at the individual level.

Hmm... :P 

5 hours ago, Skinsin2013 said:

Not sad.

It's funny to me to see factions developing, or possibly developing, post-Redskins. McVay and O'Connell... Kirk and possibly Jay. The Shanahan's despise Snyder. These are folks that have been, or will be, successful outside of this God-awful culture. 

Culture... you can't quantify it... it's perception-driven... perceptions of various facets of an organization. Yet we all know it's important. Kind of like character/personality at the individual level.

Totally true, I just meant sad for us as a fan base to see the OC Jay and it former QB Cousins win a Super Bowl. It's already bad enough we saw McVay go to the Super Bowl in his 2nd year as a HC, and now Kyle and Matt L face off in the NFCCG. 

6 hours ago, Skinsin2013 said:

Not sad.

It just shows you what the one constant is throughout the past 20 years.  The peak of this team for any coach is a division championship, and a losing record.  And in my opinion, only two things are going to change that.  One being an ownership change, and two being that we hit a home run with the next big head coach somehow......but with the owner we have, the odds of that happening are next to nil.  

• Like 1

Anyway, Gruden and Zimmer have a knowledge of each other from spending time under Marvin Lewis in Cincinnati.  I'm sure that Zimmer would trust Gruden to implement his offense, especially with his familiarity with Cousins.  Their offense right now is probably better than any of the units that Gruden had in Cincinnati or Washington, and are set up perfectly for what he likes to do.  

1 minute ago, naptownskinsfan said:

It just shows you what the one constant is throughout the past 20 years.  The peak of this team for any coach is a division championship, and a losing record.  And in my opinion, only two things are going to change that.  One being an ownership change, and two being that we hit a home run with the next big head coach somehow......but with the owner we have, the odds of that happening are next to nil.  

giphy.gif?cid=4d1e4f2934ac9fadaa0d83f00e

I wish Jay the best. Hopefully he can use this as a  “ fresh new start” and be successful. And more importantly get his personal/family issues  on track. Jacksonville is about as far From the big lights ( similar to Cinn) and pressures he faced in DC and a good place to reboot. 

• Like 1