Morbius

dtait93

Here's a post I saw from Reddit

The Morbius trailer features two distinct things that can connect the SUMC to the MCU.

* Spider-Man Poster in the background with the word "Murderer" but the Spider-man is the Raimi Suit from the Spider-Man PS4 Game.

* Michael Keaton showing up at the end wearing the same Prison Outfit from Homecoming presumably as Adrian Toomes, Vulture.

So this came out of the left field since the official stance was still that the SUMC is not connected to the MCU but Kevin Feige did state that things can intertwine with each other for Spider-Man from their press release for the Third Spider-Man movie.

“Spider-Man is a powerful icon and hero whose story crosses all ages and audiences around the globe. He also happens to be the only hero with the superpower to cross cinematic universes, so as Sony continues to develop their own Spidey-verse you never know what surprises the future might hold."

So what does this mean now? Is SUMC connected to the MCU? Is it loosely connected and 1 sided relationship with SUMC only referencing the MCU and MCU ignoring it like the Netflix's Defenders? Is it another Multiverse outside of the MCU?

We don't have any other official information yet except the trailer.

• 2 years later...

I was going to post this in the MCU thread, but we don't need that stink there...

If you liked any of the trailer moments or early preview scenes, congratulations: none of them made the movie itself. Combine that with the extraordinary levels of on-the-nose exposition, including convenient news broadcasts that loudly spell out what just happened, and Morbius feels like the result of some heavy studio hands at play. Lots of key moments cry out for some sort of explanation that probably got lost to a previous cut, and key death scenes play hilariously hammy. Pity poor Matt Smith, after Terminator: Genisys, he is now 2-for-2 at playing major franchise villains in the absolute worst incarnation of said franchise. An old Doctor Who serial predating Smith’s tenure was called “The Brain of Morbius”; this new movie makes that title an oxymoron.

Part of the review from SHH. This just cements that I won't see it in theaters and I most likely will just skip it entirely now.

• Like 1

In other words, you don't need to eat a shyt sandwich to know that it sucks. I saw it coming from a mile away, the writing was on the wall in big bloody letters (which I hear this movie is sorely lacking in BTW). I'll probably torrent/stream this shyt like I did Fant4shyt and Black Christmas 2019.

10 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

It's looked terrible since the beginning. Never had any interest in seeing it. 15% on RT is pretty funny. 

Yep, but hey, I guess it's only fitting that a complete joke of a movie is getting released on the 1st of April.

39 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

It's looked terrible since the beginning. Never had any interest in seeing it. 15% on RT is pretty funny. 

Yeah, even though it wouldn’t cost me anything to see it…think I’ll skip it unless I’m already at the movies for something else and can just double feature it.

Hope this Sony Universe craters hard before they start ruining some of the better villains, they are shooting Kraven already so that’s one good one probably botched.

3 hours ago, Kiltman said:

Yeah, even though it wouldn’t cost me anything to see it…think I’ll skip it unless I’m already at the movies for something else and can just double feature it.

Hope this Sony Universe craters hard before they start ruining some of the better villains, they are shooting Kraven already so that’s one good one probably botched.

Yeah, they're like 0-3 now on their live action solo movies post-MCU Spidey deal. No reason to expect Kraven to be any different/better.

Any time WB tries to out themselves as the most incompetent bunch of bumbling buffoons in Hollywood, Sony be like "hold my beer".

Edited by KManX89