GDT NFC CONFERENCE CHAMPIONSHIP: Packers @ San Francisco 49ers

squire12

1 minute ago, packfanfb said:

I mean Rodgers wasn't a God out there but JFC... He was 31-39 for over 300 and 2 Tds. He threw one bad pick and maybe was at fault for the botched snap. He was the least of our problems tonight. 

What was Rodgers' numbers in the first half as opposed to the second half?

1 minute ago, Norm said:

Look it's not that Rodgers is so worthless that any random dude can be better than him, a lot of it is still thinking he's what he used to be and I think a new guy might be game planned around better because we won't expect Rodgers magic.

He isn't worthless ... he just isn't as good as he used to be.  He's no longer a mvp player ... he's an older, not as talented player.  Our previous expectations are no longer valid.  We must reevaluate and put better around him.  Rodgers magic is not as strong as it used to be. 

2 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

I mean Rodgers wasn't a God out there but JFC... He was 31-39 for over 300 and 2 Tds. He threw one bad pick and maybe was at fault for the botched snap. He was the least of our problems tonight. 

Numbers don't lie...

This is where I feel bad for him. He has had a lot of ****ty defensive **** go on in the playoffs sadly

Just now, coachbuns said:

He isn't worthless ... he just isn't as good as he used to be.  He's no longer a mvp player ... he's an older, not as talented player.  Our previous expectations are no longer valid.  We must reevaluate and put better around him.  Rodgers magic is not as strong as it used to be. 

Exactly but I think he still thinks he has it and so do we as an organization. Can we get past that? I'm not convinced.

Please stop with the Packers won the 2nd half or that they made it respectable....the 49ers decided to have mercy and just run the ball....just think if they wanted to throw? It would have been 50+ to whatever. Green Bay made it to the final four. Good job...but to get to the next level will require a lot of band-aids that I don't think Gutsey can afford.

2 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

Numbers don't lie...

Defense has failed him for a good chunk of his playoff career but when you aren't putting up points/sustaining drives AND turning the ball over in your own territory, you aren't without a good part of the blame. The run defense was abused all night, but this game may still have been within reach if they don't have the botched snap in FG range and if Rodgers doesn't throw that INT in the final minute of the 2nd quarter. Legit cost themselves at least a FG, and gifted the Niners their TD right before half. Game would have been within reach that 2nd half rather than a blowout with Rodgers and co just stat padding down 3-4 scores for most of that 2nd half

3 minutes ago, coachbuns said:

EXACTLY EXCEPT, his contract makes it difficult to put enough good players around him. 

8 minutes ago, Golfman said:

They kicked our *** the last time too. They are better than we are, it's that simple. The second sentence is coaching or lack thereof. Pettine is Capers 2.0. 

Yup, it happens.  Niners have sucked for number of years.  They had 5 -1st round picks on their D line ... 3 of them top 10 picks.  That doesn't include all the other top rated picks in all their other rounds.   Next year it will start falling apart due to everybody wanting to get paid, coaches getting hired, etc.  It's part of the NFL cycle.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, deltarich87 said:

Defense has failed him for a good chunk of his playoff career but when you aren't putting up points/sustaining drives AND turning the ball over in your own territory, you aren't without a good part of the blame. The run defense was abused all night, but this game may still have been within reach if they don't have the botched snap in FG range and if Rodgers doesn't throw that INT in the final minute of the 2nd quarter. Legit cost themselves at least a FG, and gifted the Niners their TD right before half. Game would have been within reach that 2nd half rather than a blowout with Rodgers and co just stat padding down 3-4 scores for most of that 2nd half

Your defense can't give up 27 points in one half....EVER. I don't care about the circumstances, the opposing team or any other factor. That's embarrassing. You'd be hard pressed to find another team in the NFL who's D would have surrendered 27 in the first half tonight. 

• Like 2

Yeah, Rodgers had a good game tonight, but did he do enough to keep us in it?  That's the question.  He came out flat again.  If our defense played better Rodgers probably wins this game, but we also don't get in that situation if he doesn't start out so slow. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, St Vince said:

It's all good, this franchise deserves to be ripped. We've now lost 5 NFC championships since 2007 with two HOF QB's. Rodgers wets the bed on this stage for some reason. At this point in his career Rodgers needs a stellar defense and a good ground game to take pressure off of him because he historically pulls out his worse performances in championship games.

And everyone in Chicago would take him no questions asked!

5 minutes ago, Hands said:

Please stop with the Packers won the 2nd half or that they made it respectable....the 49ers decided to have mercy and just run the ball....just think if they wanted to throw? It would have been 50+ to whatever. Green Bay made it to the final four. Good job...but to get to the next level will require a lot of band-aids that I don't think Gutsey can afford.

I mean, when you are netting like 9 yards a carry, running the ball stops being the conservative option