GDT NFC CONFERENCE CHAMPIONSHIP: Packers @ San Francisco 49ers

squire12

7 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Then you misremember. I complimented Rodgers' Seahawks performance. 

But that's classic Rodgers. Good against the bad defenses, worthless against the really good ones.

Wasn't he like 30/35 for 300 yards and 2 TDs with 1 INT with like 5 mins left? Should have been 3 TDs actually.

That's worthless? Lol.

I get it, he wasn't a super hero. His INT was awful and a back breaker. He played QB versus the #1 pass defense better than most.

3 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Wasn't he like 30/35 for 300 yards and 2 TDs with 1 INT with like 5 mins left? Should have been 3 TDs actually.

That's worthless? Lol.

I get it, he wasn't a super hero. His INT was awful and a back breaker. He played QB versus the #1 pass defense better than most.

It was kind of worthless .. the 49'ers let up.  I think they even started sitting dudes in the 4th quarter.

Just now, {Family Ghost} said:

It was kind of worthless .. the 49'ers let up.  I think they even started sitting dudes in the 4th quarter.

In the game? Yeah it was all worthless, we lost. We moved the ball in the 2nd half though. I don't think they gave up. Look in Sherman's eyes on the slomo where Rodgers dropped that dime to Adams and tell me that was giving up. They were coming just as hard on the DL too.

4 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

That's the thing, Favre freaking dominated the Niners. That was a one sided rivalry if there ever was one!!! 

BUT, I do get it. Just in this decade, the Niners have knocked the Packers out of the playoffs three times. And every time the Niners have been good, they have handled the Packers. Have not lost ONCE when they have had a winning record and I believe they are 6-0? In all of the Niners last three playoff runs, they have beaten the Packers in the regular season and then later in the postseason. Sorry, it was just destined to happen that way! Niners are getting revenge for all the times Favre knocked them out of the playoffs and for how much he owned them! 

Jerry Rice fumbled.

2 hours ago, YaddaHolla said:

I said this to my fiancé before the game started.

i hate how the Packers vs Niners games are family affairs now. It’s such a ******* distraction. The media spends all week leading up to the game talking about it, then we get to the game and all the families are there. They had a shot of MLF and the Shanahan’s meeting up before the game and I’m like wtf if this was any other team Matt would be preparing up until the last minute. Am I overblowing this guys? I mean it can’t be a coincidence that they were beaten so badly on two occasions.  It’s just another distraction, another layer of stress and pressure.  

No, it is just the 9ers are better than us presently.  We have to improve this roster so history doesn't repeat itself going forward.  That's about all you can do.

18 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Then you misremember. I complimented Rodgers' Seahawks performance. 

But that's classic Rodgers. Good against the bad defenses, worthless against the really good ones.

I just don't think he played poorly. Hell I think he played better in this game than he played in Seattle in 2014. 

Remember, the Niners 6 drives in the first half. They punted on the first drive, the next 5 were TD, FG, TD, FG, TD. 

Packers had 5 drives: 

• 1st drive: Packers picked up a 1st down and then on 3rd and 3, Rodgers hit Williams almost immediately out of the backfield in space, a play that picks up the 1st down on most teams for Greenlaw read it beautifully and made the tackle. Great defense. A play that the Packers defense certainly couldn't make with its ILB core, but the Niners do it regularly. Packers punt instead of going for it on 4th and 1 at the 50. 
  • 2nd drive: Now it's 7-0. Rodgers hits Lazard on a beautiful pass for 13 on 2nd and 9 up to the 39. Then we call back-to-back running plays to Jones for a total of 3 yards. How many offenses have converted 3rd and 7 on the Niners this year? Rodgers is sacked, we punt. 
  • 3rd drive: By point it's already 10-0. Jones gets 6 on first down. Second down, for some reason we dial up a screen against the fastest defense in the NFL, and predictably, it's gets destroyed for loss of yards. Now we're back in 3rd and 6. Rodgers is sacked and fumbles. First play of the game I'll say: yea, Rodgers should have seen Williams coming on that blitz and had the ball out, but no one knows if there was anything there. Best case scenario, probably an incomplete pass and we save the yardage on the sack/fumble. Either way we punt, which BTW, was a 23 yard shank by JK.
  • 4th drive: Now it's 17-0. Notice a trend yet? We're about to have the doors blown off because our defense can't stop anything. Rodgers on the money to Kumerow for 23 yards. Jones then reels off 4 straight runs. Then we fumble. We don't know who's fault it was, I have a hard time believing Rodgers just dropped the ball, but we can split that one 50/50 on Rodgers/Linsley. This play pretty much killed any chance of a comeback even though the fumble happened on the 25 yard line so maybe our defense could make a stop and give us the ball back 17-0?
  • 5th drive: Nope, defense folds again and gives up a nearly 4 min drive for 3, now 20-0. Now Rodgers is pressing with 1:51 left knowing we need a TD before half. Throws a bad ball trying to press it downfield to G-Mo. Actually what I blame Rodgers for here is throwing the ball in G-Mo's direction at all... Ball is picked and returned to 30. Niners promptly score a TD in 3 plays. Game is officially over. 

Was Rodgers perfect, far from it. Was he missing guys, off-target, holding the ball forever, etc....I didn't see it. Hell, I didn't see one pass where he "missed" a guy who was open in the 1st half. What I saw was one defense making plays in big moments and another defense that could barely even force a 3rd down, let alone get a stop. 

Just now, Pugger said:

No, it is just the 9ers are better than us presently.  We have to improve this roster so history doesn't repeat itself going forward.  That's about all you can do.

Yep .. it was all there for Gute and LaFleur to see.  Ain't no way they come away from that thinking .. ah, they just got the best of us today.  They could play 10 times and we wouldn't win a single contest.

14 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

That's worthless? Lol.

Yes, it was worthless. It was 27-0 at halftime. Six straight drives went for no points, three of them directly off of Rodgers screwups. 

Glad he could show up after it was over though to protect his stats and rally his Stan's.

6 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

I just don't think he played poorly. Hell I think he played better in this game than he played in Seattle in 2014. 

Remember, the Niners 6 drives in the first half. They punted on the first drive, the next 5 were TD, FG, TD, FG, TD. 

Packers had 5 drives: 

• 1st drive: Packers picked up a 1st down and then on 3rd and 3, Rodgers hit Williams almost immediately out of the backfield in space, a play that picks up the 1st down on most teams for Greenlaw read it beautifully and made the tackle. Great defense. A play that the Packers defense certainly couldn't make with its ILB core, but the Niners do it regularly. Packers punt instead of going for it on 4th and 1 at the 50. 
  • 2nd drive: Now it's 7-0. Rodgers hits Lazard on a beautiful pass for 13 on 2nd and 9 up to the 39. Then we call back-to-back running plays to Jones for a total of 3 yards. How many offenses have converted 3rd and 7 on the Niners this year? Rodgers is sacked, we punt. 
  • 3rd drive: By point it's already 10-0. Jones gets 6 on first down. Second down, for some reason we dial up a screen against the fastest defense in the NFL, and predictably, it's gets destroyed for loss of yards. Now we're back in 3rd and 6. Rodgers is sacked and fumbles. First play of the game I'll say: yea, Rodgers should have seen Williams coming on that blitz and had the ball out, but no one knows if there was anything there. Best case scenario, probably an incomplete pass and we save the yardage on the sack/fumble. Either way we punt, which BTW, was a 23 yard shank by JK.
  • 4th drive: Now it's 17-0. Notice a trend yet? We're about to have the doors blown off because our defense can't stop anything. Rodgers on the money to Kumerow for 23 yards. Jones then reels off 4 straight runs. Then we fumble. We don't know who's fault it was, I have a hard time believing Rodgers just dropped the ball, but we can split that one 50/50 on Rodgers/Linsley. This play pretty much killed any chance of a comeback even though the fumble happened on the 25 yard line so maybe our defense could make a stop and give us the ball back 17-0?
  • 5th drive: Nope, defense folds again and gives up a nearly 4 min drive for 3, now 20-0. Now Rodgers is pressing with 1:51 left knowing we need a TD before half. Throws a bad ball trying to press it downfield to G-Mo. Actually what I blame Rodgers for here is throwing the ball in G-Mo's direction at all... Ball is picked and returned to 30. Niners promptly score a TD in 3 plays. Game is officially over. 

Was Rodgers perfect, far from it. Was he missing guys, off-target, holding the ball forever, etc....I didn't see it. Hell, I didn't see one pass where he "missed" a guy who was open in the 1st half. What I saw was one defense making plays in big moments and another defense that could barely even force a 3rd down, let alone get a stop. 

1st drive:

Rodgers misreads the defense and t throws to Williams instead of the open Graham.

2nd drive:

Rodgers doesn't step up in the pocket and doesn't throw to any of 2 or 3 open options, taking the sack.

3rd drive:

Rodgers misreads ANOTHER blitz and fumbles the ball. Gets lucky as hell one of his lineman recovered it.

4th drive:

Rodgers fumbles the snap and turns it over.

5th drive:

Rodgers throws a terrible pick.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

1st drive:

Rodgers misreads the defense and t throws to Williams instead of the open Graham.

2nd drive:

Rodgers doesn't step up in the pocket and doesn't throw to any of 2 or 3 open options, taking the sack.

3rd drive:

Rodgers misreads ANOTHER blitz and fumbles the ball. Gets lucky as hell one of his lineman recovered it.

4th drive:

Rodgers fumbles the snap and turns it over.

5th drive:

Rodgers throws a terrible pick.

All while putting the defense in bad spot after bad spot. JK didn’t help with that 20 yard punt.

Just looking at the bad runs the defense gave up:

1st TD run - 49ers ran it perfect right into the pressure package.

2nd TD run - Fackrell blew contain on the pulling guard and gave up the outside. 

34 yard run - Montravious Adams gets combo'd off of so quickly and cleanly that I almost missed it.

3rd TD run - Pick your favorite: Z shoots way up field giving up outside contain. Tramon gets handled by his WR, and Savage completely misses his fill. 

32 yard run - End around that the Packers handle horribly. Tramon and Savage completely abandon their gaps.

4th TD run - Redmond blows outside containment.

Our DBs killed us. 

• Like 2