GDT NFC CONFERENCE CHAMPIONSHIP: Packers @ San Francisco 49ers

squire12

3 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Just looking at the bad runs the defense gave up:

1st TD run - 49ers ran it perfect right into the pressure package.

2nd TD run - Fackrell blew contain on the pulling guard and gave up the outside. 

34 yard run - Montravious Adams gets combo'd off of so quickly and cleanly that I almost missed it.

3rd TD run - Pick your favorite: Z shoots way up field giving up outside contain. Tramon gets handled by his WR, and Savage completely misses his fill. 

32 yard run - End around that the Packers handle horribly. Tramon and Savage completely abandon their gaps.

4th TD run - Redmond blows outside containment.

Our DBs killed us. 

So if you had to assign %'s for scheme failure versus execution failure versus individual player skill...........

Just now, Packerraymond said:

Clear as day equal fault to me. That snap doesn't make it nearly as far as it should. That said, it hit Rodgers hands and then he doesn't aggressively dive in there after dropping it.

It hits Rodgers left and right palm? What the hell is he supposed to do, turn around and hand it to him?

3 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

It hits Rodgers left and right palm? What the hell is he supposed to do, turn around and hand it to him?

There's no way to say this in a modly manner, so here it is, as a QB you shouldn't have to dig the ball out of the guys sack to get the snap. Not sure how you can't see how he shortarms the snap. Happens from time to time when centers go left. Ball should be right on the edge of his butt. Now LIS Rodgers has probably gotten dozens of shallow snaps like that over the years without issue, but there's blame to go around for both here.

Just now, Packerraymond said:

There's no way to say this in a modly manner, so here it is, as a QB you shouldn't have to dig the ball out of the guys sack to get the snap. Not sure how you can't see how he shortarms the snap. Happens from time to time when centers go right. Ball should be right on the edge of his butt. Now LIS Rodgers has probably gotten dozens of shallow snaps like that over the years without issue, but there's blame to go around for both here.

Absolutely not. The QB's fingertips should essentially be brushing against the dude's sack. Rodgers wrists are underneath the edge of his butt, not his palms. 

Look at his left hand, the fingers don't even close on the ball. 

1 minute ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Absolutely not. The QB's fingertips should essentially be brushing against the dude's sack. Rodgers wrists are underneath the edge of his butt, not his palms. 

Look at his left hand, the fingers don't even close on the ball. 

We've probably had close to 5000 snaps without any issue like this. More dumb luck than anything, but that snap is not deep enough. You don't just have something automatic like that go awry without changes in multiple variables.

I'm less mad at Rodgers today than I was but it's still not really about him. He has his issues but the team, like our fans, am to be in denial and think he can still be old Rodgers. It's like betting on some old legend in the Masters. You think he's capable but he's just not anymore. Both of them are issues. 

I just want to go on record that I was against Danny DeVito avis before I was for them.

Still, having Danny D repping us at the end was truly appropriate for an ugly, ugly 13 win season. At least the home playoff was good for the Green Bay economy!

I can’t really get that excited about next year. This team has too many holes to fill in one year to get to the talent level of a San Fran or KC. Jaire and Savage diminished over time. King is a ****y. Williams goes on medicaire before I do. Gary has more bust than Dolly Parton. Our entire defense, after YEARS of draft investment has only three really good players—and two of them were FAs!

Our offense is okay. Just okay. You can’t really make it better without a high investment at receiver, and there’s no guarantee that Mr. Fancy Pants will throw to a rookie if he doesn’t learn all the secret handshakes before the second day of training camp.

This forum did okay this year also. Just okay. Like, I’ve seen worse. I’ve seen better, but I have certainly seen worse. I’m glad we’re rooting for KC. Pi$$ing off ThatJerkDave by rooting for KC elevates our forum transactionality.