GDT NFC CONFERENCE CHAMPIONSHIP: Packers @ San Francisco 49ers

squire12

32 minutes ago, Green19 said:

Don’t know if people like listening to warren sharp but man... gb’s defense is bad at defending all the things 49ers do on offense: pre snap movement, play action, attacking the middle. Like GB is BAD at dealing with all those things.

I hope Pettine knows this and just floods the middle with defenders and forces the 49ers to try and beat Alexander and king on the outside.

But yeah can’t stress how bad of a match up this is based on the numbers.

FR though, having Amos be able to keep everything in front of him changes this matchup for the better for us. Still dislike but w.e its party mode.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Reaper said:

you know what we are over due for? A defensive TD as in we havent had one...the time is now..well Sunday to be more exact.

I’ll poop my pants.  If we get enough people to volunteer it will happen.  Adult diapers on Sunday, everybody.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, clarkfn2284 said:

One of the best slot DBs all season. Not as juicy as you may think.

Definitely the 9ers have talent on defense.  Davante is a great matchup for Gb vs the tiny williams though.  Dude is small.

Moseley is probably the weaker "link" from a neutral perspective, but when you consider how small williams is, how horrible the packers other receivers are, and how well davante plays through contact, I think that's clearly the matchup GB should target.

The other option will be to match lazard, who is even bigger, vs williams.  Rodgers has definitely shown some trust in throwing high balls up to Lazard that he can reign in.

3 hours ago, Green19 said:

Don’t know if people like listening to warren sharp but man... gb’s defense is bad at defending all the things 49ers do on offense: pre snap movement, play action, attacking the middle. Like GB is BAD at dealing with all those things.

I hope Pettine knows this and just floods the middle with defenders and forces the 49ers to try and beat Alexander and king on the outside.

But yeah can’t stress how bad of a match up this is based on the numbers.

Added:

This video gives some good examples of said issues

• Like 1

Anyone think the “expanded role” Rodgers is talking about having could mean him running a little more than usual? I’ve been wondering if the Russel Wilson effect might influence their game plan (obviously I know he doesn’t run like Wilson but you tell him that).

Edited by ccecilnosebleed
  • Like 1